We are looking for our new Assistant Director of Transformation who will lead on the development and delivery of a comprehensive internal and external transformation programme, including the integration of new services, infrastructure, and organisational reconfiguration. The right person would have the ability to lead, motivate and develop staff to their full potential, whilst building strong relationships both internally and externally.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role, please apply, or if you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
You will lead on the development and delivery of a comprehensive internal and external transformation programme, including the integration of new services, infrastructure, and organisational reconfiguration. This will include: • Leading on transformation in the business through merger or acquisition • Providing strong, effective leadership, including leading collaborative work with other services, both internally and externally, to streamline systems and processes to improve the customer experience and efficiency. • Identifying opportunities for improved efficiency, value for money and income generation through appropriate process reviews.
Who are we?
Town and Country Housing are a housing association that covers Kent and Sussex, with our head office in Tunbridge Wells. We provide more than 10,000 homes in 15 local authority areas and became a subsidiary of the Peabody Group in 2019. We currently have over 300 employees based at various locations across Kent and promote hybrid working.
Responsible for: Head of Integration, Business Analyst, Transformation Manager
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week Contract: Permanent
Probation Period: 6 months
Notice Period: 3 months
•Develop and implement all business transformation projects including any merger or acquisition projects on time, on budget and on message
• Evaluate opportunities and complete adequate due diligence before presenting recommendations to TCH Executive Team and Board
• Represent TCH externally in matters relevant to business transformation and change
• Support the transformation of TCH, taking advantage of technological advances to meet the changing needs of our customers and drive value and efficiency
• Develop and execute the Digital Inclusion Strategy including supporting digital engagement with our customers and promoting opportunities to become digitally included
• Working closely with and on behalf of the Leadership Team, be accountable for the delivery of the Corporate Transformation Strategy, enabling improved outcomes for customers and maximising productivity.
• Deliver innovative, accessible, and integrated digital solutions to enable channel shift and smarter working practices.
• Plan and manage change and development in conjunction with the Executive Team in the modernisation of services
• Provide expert leadership in developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, working to embed the standards, behaviours and strategies needed to bring about lasting improvements in service delivery Key Activities continued.
• Manage, motivate, and develop the transformation team, together with temporary project teams or external support required to deliver the transformation programme.
• Encourage staff across TCH to develop skills in project management, innovation, and improvement techniques.
• As part of the Leadership Team, work with service areas to conduct end to end reviews and implement new and revised methods which streamline their customer responses and enable consistent, right first-time outcomes.
• Provide project, change and business process leadership, to improve service delivery and maximise digital access.
• To be responsible for the continued development and delivery of TCH’s service function, employing demand management and lean thinking principles and working with other services to reduce root causes and sustainably address service failure.
• Present to the Major Project Board and Executive Management Team on project development and to prepare and present relevant papers for other Management, Committee Groups and Board. • Identify the synergies, gaps, issues, and blockers in processes (as necessary) internally and between any partnership organisation.
• Working collaboratively across the business build creative, high impact and engaging change management plans and tactics, including staff restructures and system implementations
Why choose us?
By choosing Town and Country you will enjoy a variety of employee benefits including:
• Contributory pension scheme 4% to 10% matched contributions
• Hybrid working
• Free onsite car parking
• Life assurance of 4x annual salary
• 30 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
• Employee assistance programme (24/7 telephone advice, information portal & face to face counselling sessions)
• Corporate eye care scheme providing free eye tests and free VDU glasses or contribution towards VDU glasses
• Extensive annual Staff Wellbeing programme
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave provision
• Flexible annual benefits allowance of 1% of salary (for dental, healthcare, shopping vouchers, technology etc)
• Annual flu vaccinations
• Access to an extensive range of corporate discounts on shopping, travel & days out
• Regular staff social events lunchtime walking club, rounders, yoga, Pilates, Summer BBQ, Christmas party, festive Fridays etc.
• Recently refurbished open plan offices with spacious kitchens, refreshments & fruit including facilities to store and cook food with an outside patio/decked area