Two roles available – one based in Tewkesbury and one in Lydney (Gloucestershire) with possible travel to other sites
Are you looking for a passionate, fun and supportive team to join? Are you looking for a role that’s enjoyable yet rewarding? Then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for a Support Worker (maternity cover) to fully assess, support and encourage independence for young people – to enable them to gain a wide range of interpersonal skills, practical knowledge and empower them for independent living.
As our Support Worker, you’ll assist customers in developing their confidence, empower them to have their say and raise their awareness of the opportunities available to them both locally and beyond. You’ll create a motivational, inspiring, and dignified environment that supports young people regardless of background, to enhance their quality of life particularly those with complex issues including social isolation, alienation, trauma, lack of self-confidence and low self-esteem.
- Relevant paid or voluntary experience of working with young people including housing advice, advocacy work or residential work.
- Experience of managing support plans.
- Experience of multi-agency working, including statutory and voluntary.
- Knowledge of benefit entitlements for young people.
- The ability to identify, assess and manage customer risk.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
A relevant professional qualification in social work, housing, youth and community or social care is highly desirable, but not essential.
We work together – We make things better – We do the right thing
Rooftop is a values-based organisation that has recently evolved into a modern and flexible social business, aiming to deliver high quality, value for money services. We are proud of our people and what we achieve to make a positive impact on everyday lives.
Closing Date: 9am 25 July 2022
Interview Date: 1 August 2022
Please refer to the recruitment pack upon completing your application.