Work and Wellbeing - Financial Wellbeing Specialist
Permanent, Full Time/Part Time
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Work and Wellbeing Team as a Financial Wellbeing Specialist. You will use your skills and knowledge to provide welfare and financial advice to our customers. We support people with physical and mental health conditions to gain employment and to remain well and thrive in work.
You will feel comfortable working from a base within South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw or North Nottinghamshire, and across different projects in a fast-paced environment.
For our perfect candidate we are offering a flexible role, working in a caring and friendly team, with a great package of benefits. If you want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
More about the role:
We’re proud to have zero-exclusion criteria so our customers come from all walks of life. The Financial Wellbeing Specialist will use their skills to help people understand how they can be better off in work, and to access grants and other funding that can increase income and make work pay.
- Independently manage a caseload of customers providing welfare and financial support
- Support our customers to reduce problem debt, maximise their income and make work pay
- Provide expert mentoring and training supporting to the wider Work and Wellbeing Team using your specialist knowledge
- Improve money management skills of our customers creating and maintaining strategic partnerships with organisations like the Money and Pensions Advice Service.
Who you are:
- You will have experience (minimum of two years’) working in a specialist debt, money management and/or financial advice role
- Qualified to Level 4 in financial advice, welfare rights or other relevant field
- Coaching/Motivational Interviewing qualification or relevant experience
- You will have the ability to provide detailed, accurate financial, debt and benefits advice providing representation and advocacy as required.
- You will have experience of supporting people with mental and physical health conditions and disabilities as well as others who face inequalities
- You will have good data, IT and literacy skills
- You will be committed to understanding and taking account of the aspirations and assets of our customers
- Salary – £23,613 per annum
- Full-time or part-time (including occasional evenings and weekends)
- Eligible for Essential Car User allowance of £94.36 per month plus mileage expenses
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays plus an additional 4 SYHA days, and additional wellbeing day.
- Pension contribution
- Excellent Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time and job share.
- Excellent benefits including:
- SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts. Plus advice and resources on healthy eating, financial wellbeing, exercise and mastering your mental health
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 this is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Midnight Monday 13th July 2022
Interview Date: 1st and 2nd August 2022