Maintenance Operative (Tiler/Labourer)
Maintenance and Responsive Repairs Team
Full Time - Permanent
South Yorkshire Housing Association is an award winning housing provider and we require an experienced Tiler/Labourer to join our maintenance and responsive repairs trade team.
The successful person will be working for our Home Maintenance Team who are a team of trade professionals providing responsive and planned repairs in the homes of our customers and stakeholders.
You will maintain the high standards expected of this team and deliver excellent customer care at all times while working to tight deadlines. This is a role working in an exciting, fast paced environment that is frequently subject to change.
The successful candidate will be required to participate in the Out of Hours On Call service which attracts additional payments.
- Salary £26,332 per annum, pro rata
- Additional Multi-skill bonus of £1116 per annum paid monthly for qualifying staff.
- Working hours – 37 hours.
- On Call payments of £67.08 Monday to Friday and £119.70 weekends and Bank Holidays
- Benefits which include an excellent flexible working scheme, family friendly perks, wellbeing scheme, discounts scheme.
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
More about the role:
We wish to appoint an experienced Tiler/Labourer and multi-skilling operative to our Home Maintenance Team, which is a team of trade professionals that provide responsive and planned repair work for our customers.
The job will entail working alone or as part of a small team carrying out repairs and maintenance in the homes of our customers and buildings owned or maintained by SYHA. You will be part of a reactive maintenance team delivering a responsive repairs service to our customers and stakeholders while working to achieve high standards of workmanship and excellent customer care at all times.
Who you are:
To meet the required criteria for this role you will need to tell us how you meet the following:
- Possess the experience and the ability to carry out Tiling, Labouring, and multi-skilled work including both maintenance, and installation work.
- Ability to solve problems and to make recommendations for repair and maintenance issues.
- Be flexible and have the ability to carry out minor repairs requiring the skills of other trades, such as joinery or minor plastering works.
- Possess the ability to provide advice and guidance to clients/customers on maintenance and repair issues.
- Have a full driving licence and be confident to drive vehicles in the HMT fleet. This includes vehicles up to long wheelbase transit size.
- Understand digital work solutions including using online applications
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
Closing Date: Midnight 17th July 2022
Interview Date: TBC