Night Key Worker – Waking Nights
21 hours. Permanent post – Lister Avenue, Sheffield
Could you empower someone with enduring mental health issues to gain the most fromtheir life on their recovery journey?
The Lister Project is a warm and inviting home for customers who have enduring mental health.It is a CQC registered recovery residential mental health service for 25 adults, split over 5 separate houses in the Base green area of Sheffield.Our customers have the independence, security and privacy of their own home, with all support they need during their recovery.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, positive and innovative individual to join our dedicated team at our registered mental health service in Sheffield. The role of a Night Key Worker includes supporting our customers to develop the skills necessary to maximise their independence. We are a service with a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The role can be challenging and is highly rewarding.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to communicate well with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing. You will demonstrate a positive, sensitive, and constructive approach to working with customers, colleagues and professionals. You will have a commitment to diversity and thrive with customer excellence and equal opportunities service delivery.
For our perfect candidate, we are offering a great package of benefits, working in a caring and friendly team.
Some of SYHA’s benefits
- Starting salary of £20,601 (pro rata)
- Working Hours: Part time, 21 hours per week – 5 week rolling rota basis, 12 hour variable shifts including some weekends & bank holidays.
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays plus an additional 4 SYHA days.
- Pension contribution
- Excellent Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time and job share.
- Excellent benefits including:
- SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts.Plus advice and resources on healthy eating, financial wellbeing, exercise and mastering your mental health
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a wide range of programmes to train and develop you including access to the Institute of Employability Professionals
More about the role:
The role of a Night Key Worker is to:
- Show enthusiasm for helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to support them in achieving their goals and aspirations
- Support our customers to gain the individual skills required to live more independent lives
Who you are:
You will be passionate about customer service and have a real commitment to supporting our customers to achieve their aspirations, goals and help them maximise their full potential. The successful candidate would need to:
- Have previous experience of supporting vulnerable people
- Demonstrate an understanding of individual supports needs and how to positively manage risk, whilst supporting our customers on their recovery journey
- Be a great communicator both verbally and in writing
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Capability to use a wide range of digital software
- Great organisational and observational skills
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders this role is an excluded job.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th July 2022
Interview Date: Monday 25th July 2022