Who are Accent?
We own almost 20,000 houses across the North, East and South of the country and they are homes to over 35,000 of our customers.
We’re not just a housing association, we actually exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers always come first. They are always at the very heart of our business, and we demonstrate this through our values.
We recognise to achieve this, we cannot do it without our employees, and we encourage employees to bring their authentic selves to work. We’re inclusive and diverse across all teams within Accent so we would welcome applications from all backgrounds.
A bit about the role and person
35 hours per week, permanent
As Income Officer your core role and focus is all about delivering our income and debt service, providing a fantastic customer experience. You will embrace our proactive approach to tenancy sustainment and customer care.
In this role you will be highly visible to customers, and you will use your knowledge to support your customers with all things related to income, debt, account management and welfare benefits. You’ll engage with customers in order to understand their circumstances, build trust and create opportunities for payment, surpassing their expectations and achieving reductions in income and debt whilst sustaining tenancies.
You will have fantastic relationship skills which enables you to build rapport with customers and all other stakeholders and you will also be driven to succeed in all performance indicators that you are responsible for.
Whilst we have key responsibilities and these can be found in the job description, there are certain things we will need from you:
- Relevant professional qualifications and/or experience
- A supportive and engaged team player, with the customer and the community at the heart of all you do
- Someone who develops and shares skills, experience and knowledge
- A consistently high performer who thrives on challenges, leads and inspires
- Ability to adapt your communication style to suit the situation
- Someone who recognises problems as an invigorating challenge and works diligently to achieve a positive outcome
- Fantastic relationship skills which enables you to build rapport with customers and all other stakeholders
- Open, honest and take ownership of situations
- A keen eye to value for money and able to deliver
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business
The successful candidate will be required to live within a commutable distance of Camberley, Surrey. We’re a keen promoter of agile working and encourage the use of working from home, as long as we meet our customer’s needs.
We’ll provide you with the equipment and software that you’ll need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider.
Should you wish to work occasionally from any of our regional offices, you may do so on a hot desk basis which will need to be arranged via our online booking system.
The spot salary for this post is £31,021 (inclusive of regional uplift) per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
This post will also receive a car allowance of £1,250 per annum.
What will you get from us?
In addition to a competitive salary and agile working, we also have a focus on employees’ development. We support both professional and personal development, ensuring everyone has a development plan and provide access to a wide range of internal and external learning resources.
You’ll also receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, each offering life assurance cover.
- Auto enrolment – employer and employee contribution 4%
- Pension scheme – employer contribution 18.9%, employee contribution 7.5%
If Accent sounds like an organisation you’d like to work for, one that feels great about delivering excellent services to customers, then you’ll need to apply by Sunday 17th July, with interviews expected to take place shortly afterwards.