At Brighter Places, we are pleased to announce that a vacancy has become available for a full time, permanent Responsive Maintenance Manager to join our team and play a key role in leading the way we deliver our repairs service across the association ensuring that we provide an efficient and effective service to our residents.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation as we are evolving the repairs services for all Brighter Places properties and deliver our key promise of excellent service quality to our residents. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with high expectations and a strong motivation on service improvement for our customers working collaboratively with external and internal partners to deliver tangible outcomes.
What you will receive
- A starting salary of £47,350 with the opportunity to obtain additional performance related pay increments
- Working 37 hours per week in a hybrid / agile working environment
- 30 days annual leave + Bank holidays + 1 day volunteering leave + ability to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- £700 flexi-benefit per year that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurances, family activities and many more options
- 6.16% pension contribution + life assurance
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Access to an interest free loan of up to £1000
- Access to development opportunities to enhance your career through Brighter Places University
- Paid professional membership
- As well as a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisation, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, EAP, fresh fruit in the offices and more!
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for leading the Brighter Places approach to our repairs and voids service, proactively delivering excellence and focusing on our customers’ needs.
- You will manage the repairs partnerships and contract in place for the delivery of our repairs service, ensuring that we act as an exemplary landlord, proactively fulfilling all our statutory obligations, striving to deliver our customer promises and maintaining and improving our properties and estates.
- You will lead and motivate a team of Surveyors, including one to ones, professional development and performance reviews.
- For more information about the role, please read the full role profile.
You will have previous experience in a property maintenance/repairs type role, with experience of in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management. You will have good practical knowledge of working with asbestos, building pathology and effective risk identification and risk management. Within the role demonstratable budgetary control is required for responsive repairs and empty homes ensuring effective use of funds.
You will be analytical, proactive, and able to lead the repairs team to enable them to meet organisational needs. You will have excellent people skills, especially with experience of managing trade operatives and working with key stakeholders.
You will be delivery and customer service focussed, developing workable solutions and strategies. The role you will require you to work collaboratively with others within the business, external agencies and be a hands-on technical expert where required.
You must have a positive attitude to continuous improvement and be committed to demonstrating excellent standards of customer service (both written and verbally). You will need to be confident in conflict management and able to take on new challenges in a professional manner.