Community Engagement Officer – Fixed term contract role until March 2024
High Wycombe & hybrid working (2 days office & 3 remote)
Salary £32,500 per Annum plus excellent benefits
(Permanent F/T 37 hrs 9-5.30 Mon-Thur & 9-5pm Fri – with some flexibility re start & finish times)
Disengaged with your current role? No social purpose nor job satisfaction? Our organisation makes a real and positive difference to the communities we work with, where our ‘profits’ go into providing quality homes for our customers rather than to shareholders.
About the role: This a new role for someone who loves working in local communities? If you have professional experience in customer engagement, are a natural organiser and planner, then read and on as this could be your next engagement!
We are seeking a talented and creative person for this role, where you will support the development of our customer engagement offer, ensuring customers have a range of opportunities to provide feedback and have their voice heard-digitally and face to face. Reporting to the Customer Engagement Manager working within a small team in our wider ‘Customer’ directorate of around 130 people you will be supported to use data and neighbourhood insight to deliver proactive, holistic and customer-led involvement opportunities.
They’ll be plenty of scope for collaboration with other Paradigm teams, where you will support and promote customer engagement across the organisation. You will be planning, contributing and supporting with various engagement activities such as neighbourhood events, social media, surveys and newsletters. You will support the implementation of different mechanisms, focusing on both local neighbourhoods and digital engagement.
This is a highly visible role delivering a range of customer opportunities in accordance with our customer engagement framework and customer care standards and will make a significant impact to the customers we serve; you will be a leading advocate and voice for our customers.
About you: You’ll have a strong customer focus with an understanding and experience of engagement, and the importance of representing our customer voice. You will be a creative thinker with a can-do attitude who has experience of planning and supporting both face to face and digitally led engagement activities.
Our Team: Our customer engagement team members are experts and committed customer involvement specialists, who provide a crucial link between customers and the organisation. This is critical to building and developing strong relationships, to provide collaborative solutions and customer service champions. This role is key in achieving our vision and corporate plan targets for customer satisfaction and it offers tremendous opportunities to make a real and positive difference to our customers lives.
Where could this role take you?
Whilst this is not currently a permanent role, in a business our size and with the transformation we are going through, there is a possibility that this could either be extended, made permanent or other opportunities may arise; many of our talented colleagues started at Paradigm as temporary/interim and have gone on to forge successful careers with us. However, if something longer term doesn’t materialise, you will still gain valuable experience which will add to your employability in this and similar fields.
About us: We employ around 550 people with an annual turnover in excess of £150m and manage in the region of 16,000 properties across the South-East of England, mainly in the Buckinghamshire area and surrounding counties.
We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement. The organisation has a clear, ambitious corporate plan and Customer Strategy, setting a clear and exciting vision for where we’re heading. We work in a hybrid way, a mix of home and office-based as part of ensuring well-being balance and the benefit of face-to-face collaboration and relationships.
In return we offer a very generous package including the following:
· Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
· Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
· Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
· Annual Bonus potential
· Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
· Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
· Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
· Hybrid working
· Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (Volunteer) days per year
· Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
· Employee Rewards platform
· Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
· Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in and shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
If the above appeals to you, apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?
As part of our application process, we ask for a covering statement and CV so we can assess your application against our essential and desired criteria as set out in the job description and person specification. Please include in your covering statement how you meet the criteria so we can see how well you match our requirements and give your application the consideration it deserves.
Thank you for your interest in Paradigm Housing Group thus far.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.