Disrepair & Regulatory Contact Manager (8359)
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
Reporting to the Head of Asset Maintenance, we have a new opportunity for a permanent Disrepair and Regulatory Contact Manager. You will be responsible for managing a national disrepair and regulatory contact service to a high standard ensuring a seamless and efficient service is provided to support both internal and external customers.
This job can be based in Oldham or London.
- Manage a professional disrepair and regulatory contact team providing a high-quality service across Guinness’s housing portfolio to ensure that Guinness provides safe and healthy homes whilst limiting financial and reputational impacts.
- Ensure compliance and appropriate challenge with the legislative requirements of Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Section 4 Defective premises Act 1972, Section 79(1)(a) of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Ensure compliance with the Pre-Action Protocol for Housing Conditions Claims (England).
- Ensure compliance with the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 and requirements of the Housing Act 2004.
- Resolve disputes by ensuring cases are investigated, professional advice is provided, tasks are appropriately allocated, and satisfactory resolution is achieved within the required timescales.
- Working knowledge of building construction, repair techniques, related current legislation and regulations and a good understanding of the main statutory controls for repair and safety in housing
- Demonstrable understanding of the consequences of non-compliance and potential defences to a disrepair claim.
- Demonstrable experience of surveying in the built environment and working within a disrepairs team.
- Extensive experience of service delivery, financial monitoring and control and the ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Proven experience of providing excellent customer services.
- Knowledge and experience of performance managing and motivating teams responsible for maintaining properties.
- Proven ability to provide accurate and clear, communications in writing, face to face or by telephone, and reports for distribution at a senior level.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, housing and property management systems and an understanding of new and emerging technologies related to housing.
- Successful track record of delivering complex services working to defined timescales in similar circumstances.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.