The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Partner to join our Finance team in Brock Street in London on a permanent full-time basis.
Deliver an effective finance partnering service to stakeholders across Guinness, improving the impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance.
This is a key role in the newly restructured Finance Partnering Team. The post holder will be responsible for Development and Commercial Services Division. Key responsibilities will include
- Business Partnering with Project Directors and their teams as well as the Sales and Marketing team, providing real time support and analysis to enhance business decision making/driving continuous improvement in reporting and processes.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of P&L, Capital Expenditure and Sales across several Group entities
- Rolling forecasting and quarterly formal forecasting of costs, capital programme and sales
- Annual budgeting
- Working with the Senior Finance Partner on commentary for the monthly Executive Team reporting pack
Ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant with 2-3 years of PQE.
- Experience of stakeholder management and building strong relationships
- Worked with large volume of data to build insight
- A self-starter, able to work without supervision
- A problem solver
- Experience of improving end to end processes
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be an experienced Finance Partner, but you’ll also have great customer service skills.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of finance partnering and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed insightful management reports.
- Experience of reviewing and analysing business processes to achieve financial improvements.
- Technical excellence and experience of contributing to the statutory accounts process.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
- Experienced in complex financial and work management systems.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.