As a Project Worker, you will work with a team of motivated, compassionate, and dedicated colleagues to help young people prepare to live independently. Your role is to support a case load of 16–25-year-olds, all with varying needs, so they are ready to live independently after 18 months. When someone is ready to move on, you will assist them with accessing the housing register or looking for suitable privately rented accommodation. If you’ve ever wanted a job where you can really make a positive difference to someone’s life, then this is it! To find out more about the hours for this vacancy, please click on the shift rota for more details.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We're at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst joined the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of working in a similar role or the passion and desire to work with vulnerable and complex young people?
- Do you have good IT skills and the ability to manage a complex caseload?
- Are you a strong communicator with excellent people skills?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Project Worker - Day Only to join us on a permanent and part-time basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Project Worker - Day Only you will:
- Commit to working shifts on a rota basis between 9am – 11pm
- Work closely with your Senior Project Worker and a range of external agencies in engaging young people in their support programme and achieving their goals.
- Plan and deliver fun and meaningful activities for young people living at the project, whilst adhering to safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
- Keep the project clean and tidy and closely monitor rent accounts and follow the projects arrears procedure.
- Bring a discreet and sensitive approach with strong professional boundaries and be able to confidently deal with tense and difficult situations.
- Commit to some unsociable hours.
- Have an understanding of safeguarding and knowledge of the benefit system (not essential).
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
View the full Role Profile
View the Catalyst Privacy Statement
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of Project Worker - Day Only, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement which evidences how you meet what we are looking for above.
Due to the number of applications received, this vacancy may close before the deadline so please apply early to avoid disappointment.