Salary: £31,445 - £36,500 per annum
Hours: 36 per week
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We're looking for an experienced Customer Accounts Specialist to join our team based in Islington.
The Customer Accounts Specialists support the delivery of the Group's income management service and policies, which aim to maximise the amount of rent collected from, and minimise the financial hardship suffered by our customers across the whole Group.
Some of the key accountabilities for the role include:
- Owning the whole income collection and arrears process within a defined geographical patch of properties, as defined by policy and process to ensure appropriate recovery action is taken to reduce the level of arrears in line with annual targets.
- Negotiating sustainable repayment arrangements with customers who cannot clear a debt in full
- Taking legal action as appropriate and in line with policy to recover rent debt, including the service of notices, the completion of legal paperwork and the presentation of cases in the county court before a district judge without legal representation.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, effective relationships with Clarion colleagues and external partners, such as local authorities, the DWP and advice agencies
- Providing high quality customer service and benefit advice to customers and referring for specialist help as required
- Attending evictions on occasion
What we're looking for?
Customer service is key in this busy role and we'd love to hear from you if you are target driven, have a strong track record in delivering a high quality service and have first rate communication skills. You need to be able to adapt well and be confident in dealing with difficult situations. You'll present cases in court so you need excellent written communication skills and you should be comfortable with report writing and mathematical calculations.
In terms of experience, a housing background is desirable along with GCSE Maths and English Grade C or equivalent and proficiency in MS Office packages. You'll need to be able to travel extensively across region to remote locations where public transport may not be available.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you can expect from us
Here at Clarion we're dedicated to rewarding hard work and commitment and providing benefits that support you and your lifestyle. As standard we offer;-
- Competitive salary
- Be part of a fantastic friendly team
- Opportunity to work for the UK's largest housing association
- Office based with the flexibility to work from home in line with business needs
- Generous annual leave allowance - starting at 25 days, increasing to 30 days after 3 years' service
- Professional development sponsorship
- A flexible benefit scheme tailored to you, inclusive of healthcare options, dental insurance, restaurant card and cycle to work along with 1% of your salary to spend on whichever approved benefit you like!
- Discretionary bonus of up to 5% of your basic annual earning
- Matched pension contributions of up to 7.5% of your salary with generous life assurance
Our commitment to equality and diversity means that we are keen to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, including but not limited to part-time working and job share, enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st October 2023 at midnight.
For further details on this vacancy, please click 'apply' or visit our website.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
In the event that we receive a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close this advert early.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy; Clarion are not able to offer visa sponsorship. You are required to reside in the UK for the duration of your employment.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Clarion to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Clarion an inclusive place to work.