Lead Solicitor (Housing Management)
£51,426 per annum (pay award pending)
St Helens/Liverpool - Hybrid working available
We own and manage around 40,000 homes in Warrington, St Helens, Liverpool and beyond, making Torus the region’s largest affordable housing provider.
If you are looking to really make a difference in the community and you are a fully qualified housing lawyer who wants to practice but also to manage, support a successful Group and personally develop your own skills we want to hear from you.
This is an important role in which you will:
- Deliver a high quality Legal Services primarily within housing management/landlord function.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with its legal obligations within housing management and, in particular, litigation.
- To manage a small team and ensure performance.
- To ensure the Legal Team provide professional, high quality service to all internal clients (stakeholders).
- To support with internal enquiries, audits, requests for assistance or guidance.
- To support with the management of the legal service panel framework.
- To undertake a caseload of litigated and non-litigated matters within housing management.
- Support Legal Counsel with the strategic direction of the team overall.
- Develop the service area which you are responsible.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a fully qualified solicitor or equivalent.
- Be motivated, dynamic and aspirational.
- Be able to manage a caseload and management of a small team.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have excellent communication skills.
What Can Torus Offer You?
We offer a modern workplace that is challenging, supportive and gives you room to grow your skills – along with a package of benefits that shows how much we value your contribution and care about your wellbeing, such as:
- Annual Leave up to 25 days, plus Bank Holidays with option to purchaseadditional leave
- Chance to earn further qualifications to enhance your career with Professional Study / Development Opportunities
- Maternity / Paternity & Adoption Pay
- Aviva Pension, Bupa and Life Assurance
- Car Lease Scheme – huge discounts salary sacrifice and includes free servicing, tyres and insurance for up to 4 people
- Company People First health & wellbeing support & discounts on a wide range of stores, supermarkets, online services, travel etc with our Smart Spend app
- Happy to Talk Flexible / Agile Working (job role permitting)
- Internal Reward and Recognition
- Financial Wellbeing with our Wagestream function when you need to access your money when you need it
- Cycle to Work Scheme
About Torus Group
A growth and regeneration group with a strong social purpose, Torus works in partnership with Liverpool City Region and the North West to improve lives and create thriving, vibrant communities through support, investment, development and regeneration.
Profits generated by group members Torus Developments and HMS are reinvested into our charitable arm Torus Foundation, a community anchor institution, to fund projects that build social capital and fulfil our mission of ‘growing stronger communities’.
Great Torus people share qualities we value highly. They are problem-solvers, able to work well within our team. They are open, honest and committed to doing the right thing at all times, and they always look for ways to do things better, focused on making sure we achieve our aims. If you can share our way of working, you’ll enjoy working with us.
#NowHiring #Recruiting #JobOpportunity #Jobs #LeadHousingManagementSolicitor #LeadSolicitor #Solicitor #HousingManagement #Legal #LegalJobs #SocialHousing #Liverpool #LiverpoolJobs