Are you an experienced Fire Risk Assessor looking for a new opportunity? MTVH are currently seeking a diligent and qualified professional to join our Compliance & Technical team, operating within the Property Directorate. This is a crucial role that will involve conducting, and validating colleagues fire risk assessments, audits, inspections, and surveys across the housing stock, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and minimising risk.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Fire Risk Assessor to carry out assessments on a Type 3 buildings.
- Primarily responsible for providing and delivering 100% compliance for Fire Risk Assessments across the MTVH property portfolio.
- Review via approving and validating all fire risk assessments carried out by other Fire Risk Assessors.
- Working as part of a team of Fire Risk Assessors, you must have an excellent knowledge of the FRA process and the ability to view fire risk holistically ensuring risk is identified and communicated accurately.
- You will be responsible for ensuring suitable and accurate remedial works are identified and communicated in assessments and that they align with the timeframes recommended in the MTVH FRA Process documents.
- Where required, you will be responsible for providing technical fire safety advice to colleagues across the organisation and be a point of contact for external organisations in relation to fire safety.
- Support the business with designing and implementing training and be the point of contact for technical queries
To Succeed you will need:
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background with a clear understanding of the Regulatory reform Fire Safety Order, and relevant fire safety legislation and guidance documents with some experience gained in housing. You must have excellent communication skills and have an ability to communicate fire risk and good fire safety practise to all relevant persons.
- Must holdTier 3 accreditation via IFSM as a minimum
- Hold a valid nationally recognised fire safety qualifications such as - NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) or similar.
- A recognised minimum level 3 qualification within fire risk assessment such as the FPA, IFE or similar or registered by a competent body for FRA.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the fire safety industry.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic check with the Disclosure and Barring Service once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.