Recovery Advisor - Doncaster
Job type- Full time, Fixed-Term until 31/04/2024
Salary - £25,227
Hours- 35 per week (plus 5 hours paid lunch)
Location- HMP Doncaster & YOI
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. We advise and we speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Resettlement Advisor to join us, responsibilities will include:
- Supporting all prison releases leaving HMP Doncaster with accommodation and finance, benefit and debt requirements.
- Promoting the service and liaise with other partnerships to collate provisions for the Departure Lounge.
- Collating data and utilise recording tools to evidence performance.
- Building relationships with the prison and other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with the Reducing Reoffending Pathways and have specific experience of providing information, advice and guidance to offenders
- Experience of working within a custodial environment and using case management or custody Information Systems.
- Awareness and understanding of resettlement and the criminal justice system.
If you want to work as part of a dynamic supportive team who delivers results for the people we support every day, Nacro could be the place for you.
At Nacro, we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including those with criminal records and those with first-hand experience of the criminal justice system. All applications are assessed on merit.
Vetting Requirements Due to working with adults in a custodial setting, this role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check against the adult workforce and prison clearance. Having a criminal record will not preclude your success in this role; any criminal record information will be subject to a fair and proportionate assessment. If you would like advice about applying for work with a criminal record, please contact our confidential Criminal Record Support Service on 0300 123 1999 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.