Queens Cross Housing Association is an award-winning social landlord based in the northwest of Glasgow. With 4,320 properties adjacent to the city centre and West End and the Forth and Clyde canal running through, it is a place where people are proud to live and to work. Queens Cross Group includes a Registered Social Landlord, a property management subsidiary (Queens Cross Factoring) and a social enterprise which lets commercial property (Queens Cross Workspace) Recognised for its innovation, quality services and high performance, Queens Cross Housing Association is seeking to appoint a Director of Neighbourhood Services.
The Director of Neighbourhood Services will ensure effective tenancy management services to tenants in mainstream and supported tenancies to assist tenants to live comfortably, remain independent and sustain tenancies. You will manage the Association’s annual rental income in relation to rents, service charges and other relevant charges and ensure income is maximised.
Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally with CIH qualification, you will have experience at a senior strategic level of managing a housing/ supported service, coupled with experience and skill in the use of technology in service development and improvement. You will have an understanding of social housing and the context within which it operates and an understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements as they apply to housing. You will have the ability to drive and lead change, analyse, synthesise and evaluate services and deliver continuous improvement and an ability to articulate what customer service excellence means.
You will ensure the services delivered are in compliance with relevant legislation, meet the requirements of the Social Housing Regulator / other regulatory bodies such as GCC Social Work Commissioning Service, the Care Inspectorate & SSSC and reflect best practice.
As a member of the Executive Management Team, you will contribute directly to informing, shaping and delivering the Association’s Business Plan and achieving its strategic objectives.
The Neighbourhood Services Team comprises around 130 full-time, part-time and sessional staff. You will provide leadership and direction to the Neighbourhood Services teams and Depute Director who are responsible for providing high-quality, customer-focused services including:
Housing management, tenancy sustainment and income management Day-to-day repairs and maintenance Estate Management Community Wellbeing: community regeneration, housing first for young people, mental health support, older persons support and financial inclusion.
In addition to being offered the opportunity to work within one of the largest and best-performing housing associations in the country, you will be afforded with a highly competitive salary and remuneration package.
- Support the Chief Executive in developing and implementing organisational and departmental strategy and lead on the production of departmental policies.
- Be a member of the Executive Team and work collaboratively with other senior staff to ensure performance targets are met and that the operational aspects of the Association’s business are undertaken effectively, efficiently and in line with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, empower and motivate their staff team to maintain morale and wellbeing at work and contribute to improved tenant satisfaction. Will build and maintain effective and productive working relationships within the teams across the Neighbourhood Services department and between departments.
- Put Customer First at the heart of service delivery and ensure quality customer service underpins the delivery of all services provided by members of the Neighbourhood Services Department
- Be the lead Executive Team member responsible for promoting and supporting adherence to Customer First values across the organisation.
- Ensure effective tenancy management services to tenants in mainstream and supported tenancies to assist tenants to live comfortably, remain independent and sustain tenancies.
- Manage the Association’s annual rental income in relation to rents, service charges and other relevant charges and ensure income is maximised.
- Provide a high-quality reactive repairs, voids and maintenance service with customer service at its heart which will deliver for future generations of tenants, taking into account technological change and opportunities.
- Continue to improve the quality of homes let and managed by Queens Cross Group through effective and purposeful engagement with the Director of Property and Placemaking.
- Delivery of our Wellbeing support services some of which are commissioned services.
- Ensure high levels of tenant satisfaction with the services delivered by the Neighbourhood Services Department.
- Benchmark performance and engender a performance culture in the teams managed. Deliver high quality, upper quartile performance and take appropriate action to improve performance when required.
- Be responsible for budget development, monitoring and management of the department’s financial resources and ensure services are delivered in an efficient manner that delivers value for money for the Association and our tenants.
- Actively engage with external agencies and partners in relation to enhancing the housing and community wellbeing activities of the Association as well as those related to the day-to-day activities of the department. Work with colleagues across the Association to ensure seamless services to customers.
Eden Scott is retained and working exclusively with Queens Cross Housing Association. Please submit your CV online to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion to hear more about the opportunity, then please contact Iain Atkinson, Associate Director on 07714 124 033. Closing date for applications Friday 1st December 2023.