Queens Cross Housing Association is an award-winning social landlord based in the northwest of Glasgow. With 4,320 properties adjacent to the city centre and West End and the Forth and Clyde canal running through, it is a place where people are proud to live and to work. Queens Cross Group includes a Registered Social Landlord, a property management subsidiary (Queens Cross Factoring) and a social enterprise which lets commercial property (Queens Cross Workspace) Recognised for its innovation, quality services and high performance, Queens Cross Housing Association is seeking to appoint a Director of Property & Placemaking.
The Director of Property & Placemaking will ensure delivery of a high-performing property maintenance service and investment programme, developed to produce quality homes and high levels of customer satisfaction. As a member of the Executive Management Team, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering the Association's strategic and operational objectives, delivering high-performing services, ensuring value for money and providing leadership and direction to a team of highly experienced Heads of Service and staff.
As a member of the Executive Management Team, you will contribute directly to informing, shaping and delivering the Association’s Business Plan and strategic objectives.
You will provide leadership and direction to the Property and Placemaking teams and Heads of Service who are responsible for providing high-quality, customer-focused:
- Cyclical maintenance and compliance programmes
- Asset management
- Major repairs and capital investment programmes
- Place making and development services
- Factoring service to owner occupiers
- Commercial property letting service
- Sustainability and net zero programmes and compliance
Ideally qualified in a relevant discipline, you will have experience at a senior strategic level and a wealth of knowledge in areas such as property services, customer services, project management, procurement and development or regeneration. You will have a demonstrable background in delivering organisational goals and leading highly motivated and skilled teams. You will ideally have an understanding and experience of community-led regeneration and the linkages between physical and social regeneration. You will be an innovative, commercially aware business leader, demonstrating excellent stakeholder engagement capability combined with an entrepreneurial and engaging personality. It is expected that your communication skills will be excellent.
In addition to being offered the opportunity to work within one of the largest and best-performing housing associations in the country, you will be afforded with a highly competitive salary and remuneration package.
Leading, motivating and supporting a committed and talented team with responsibility for the following areas of service:
- Property Maintenance (planned and cyclical maintenance)
- Asset management and investment (planning and delivering our asset management strategy across nearly 4500 properties including tenemental, multi-storey, deck access and new build properties)
- Development - (planning and delivery of our substantial housing development programme and directing North West Partners - a shared service development Hub with Maryhill Housing Association to deliver over 600 homes within 5 years). QC Factoring (a subsidiary commercial company providing property management services to over 2,500 owners)
- QC Workspace (a subsidiary charitable company providing commercial property letting with economic regeneration and training as its main charitable objectives)
- QC Community Foundation (a subsidiary charitable organisation providing grant funding for community organisations and projects to address disadvantage, discrimination and disability)
Supporting the Chief Executive, as part of the Executive team, developing and implementing organisational strategies, policies and procedures and reporting to the Board of Management. In addition, the post holder will report to Queens Cross Factoring, QC Workspace and QC Community Foundation Boards. You will be a member of the Executive and Board of North West Partners, working collaboratively with Maryhill HA and its other members to promote our strategic regeneration aims.
Overall responsibility for a capital budget of £60m for development and investment as well as a revenue budget of over £3m for repairs and maintenance.
Leading on the identification of development and regeneration opportunities as well as the necessary partnership working, engagement, programme planning, and funding required to deliver these and ensure they meet the aims and objectives of the association.
Ensuring effective commissioning and procurement strategies are in place, maximising value for money from commissioned work and ensuring all corporate policies and procedures are met.
Leading on engagement with local and national partners such as Glasgow City Council, Scottish Government and other partnership agencies on all matters relating to the areas within the remit.
Ensuring effective contract and programme management to ensure regulatory and legal compliance, high-quality cyclical maintenance services and a well-planned and managed investment programme.
Be the lead Executive Team member responsible for achieving Net Zero targets and EESH standards required in legislation. Leading the department in identifying and achieving its Sustainability Targets and working with NW partners to deliver shared project aims.
Ensuring all services meet with the Association's policies and procedures and necessary and appropriate regulatory compliance.
Eden Scott is retained and working exclusively with Queens Cross Housing Association. Please submit your CV online to email@example.com or for a confidential discussion to hear more about the opportunity, then please contact Iain Atkinson, Associate Director on 07714 124 033. Closing date for applications Friday 1st December 2023.