Corporate Assurance Manager
Job type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Location: Birmingham & Hybrid working
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives. Our impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and well-being, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of re-offending. We advise and we speak out for disadvantaged young people and adults. We never give up!
Do you want a career that makes a real difference to peoples’ lives? Do you want to work for an organisation that will invest in your personal development? Then you have come to the right place!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Nacro’s Corporate Services directorate for a Corporate Assurance Manager, in which you will have 2 direct reports our Information Security Officer and Corporate Policy & Assurance Officer. In this role you will manage systems and processes that will enable Nacro to maintain an effective policy and assurance framework. You will lead on delivering Nacro’s privacy programme, maintaining ISO27001 certification and managing Nacro’s policy and assurance framework, as well as managing existing and upcoming projects within the directorate.
The Corporate Assurance Manager will be responsible for:
· Acting as a Lead Officer in the development, maintenance, and achievement of Nacro’s ISO27001 accreditation.
· Working closely with the ICT team and key managers across the charity to ensure Nacro’s Information Security Management Systems are implemented effectively.
· Acting as Nacro’s Privacy Programme Lead, ensuring compliance with applicable data privacy legislation and acting as Data Protection Officer where appropriate.
· Leading the programme management office to track delivery and impact against the Charity’s corporate plan initiatives.
· Supporting the operation of Governance Boards and Committees that oversee the delivery of high impact initiatives.
· Risk and compliance activities which support the ongoing maintenance of Nacro’s assurance framework.
· Leading on the collation of progress reporting metrics for consideration at the Executive Leadership Team and within the Charity’s governance structures.
· Working with the leadership team to develop strategic plans that align to the Charity’s overall corporate plan.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience in managing and responding to Subject Access Requests.
· A good understanding of data privacy procedures and regulations.
· Previous experience of delivering, managing and maintaining ISO27001 certification.
· Working knowledge/understanding of GDPR compliance.
· An excellent communicator, with the ability to build a rapport & work with all levels of stakeholders.
· Experience managing projects and delivering progress reports to senior leadership.
At Nacro, we are proud to be inclusive in every respect and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
The safety and wellbeing of service users and learners is at the heart of the service Nacro provides, therefore safer recruitment practices are embedded throughout our selection processes.
Please apply online.