Job type - Part time, Permanent
Salary - £31,424 pro rata
Hours - 20 per week
Location - Birmingham/ Hybrid Working
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities, and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise, and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward.
We are hiring for a People Advisor, who will work within our People Advisory team, supporting all aspects of people advisory support and assisting with projects and activities aligned to the client group’s people priorities. This is a varied role working across the employee lifecycle to support Nacro in being a great place to work. People advisory support will include supporting directorate-wide onboarding support for new colleagues, people MI data collection and reporting, managing employee relations cases, and leading small change projects.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand Nacro as an organisation and what we deliver to support managers and colleagues in creating an environment in which they can perform and thrive.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to your client groups - supporting people queries escalated from the People Operations team, and people issues raised within client groups.
- Lead and engage on role design and job evaluation activities within client groups, as directed by the People Business Partner.
- Supporting employee relations through the effective management of employee relations cases with the continual development of robust and clear people guidance documents and learning.
- Assist with people projects, both directorate specific and cross-organisational, in support of delivering our people strategy and plans.
The successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication & problem-solving skills, with the ability to build strong relationships within a disperse and hybrid working environment.
We highly welcome candidates with strong knowledge of good practice in, generalist HR, people policy, practices, and in UK employment law, along with experience in providing people guidance, support to managers and colleagues and assisting/managing small projects to improve people outcomes or measures in the workplace.
If you want to work as part of a dynamic supportive team who delivers results for the people we support every day, Nacro could be the place for you.
At Nacro, we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including those with criminal records and those with first-hand experience of the criminal justice system. All applications are assessed on merit.
Please apply online.