Job Title: Housing and Development Officer
Location: Home-based – with extensive travel across England and Scotland
Hours: 39 Per Week
Salary: £34,245.37 + Lease Car or Business Mileage
Hello, we are Forward Housing!
Forward Housing is a charity that works with people with a learning disability and their circles of support to find the right home for them.
As a registered charity, Forward Housing supports Thera Trust’s regional support companies in furthering their work across England and Scotland by providing bespoke housing solutions for people with a learning disability.
Forward Housing’s approach is to provide “an ordinary home on an ordinary street”. The properties are specially adapted by Forward Housing to meet the needs of each prospective tenant – whilst ensuring the longer-term suitability of the property either to alternative tenants or for sale.
We believe all people with a learning disability should be able to live in a safe, accessible, and affordable home of their choice
Since our inception in 1999, Forward Housing have acquired 103 properties across England and Scotland. During this time, we have been able to successfully house 196 people who have a learning disability
About the role
The Housing and Development Officer will work alongside Thera Trust support companies and our Property Development and Housing Management Partners across the UK to coordinate, support, implement, and develop the effective delivery of new housing solutions for the people we support, who have learning disabilities.
The role will also provide housing management liaison support to Forward Housing, Thera Trust support companies, and our Housing Management and Property Development partners across the UK.
About you and your experience
- Experience with development or delivery of housing in the social housing, construction, or related and relevant sector.
- Housing Management experience within a social housing setting.
- Experience of the regulatory frameworks relating to social housing – particularly in a Specialised Supported Housing (SSH) and Exempt Accommodation context would be highly desirable
- Experience of supported housing property and service development and construction in a learning disabilities context
- Ability to influence and collaborate
- Ability to create a positive and lasting impression on all stakeholders
- Proactive, self-assured, determined, and reliable
- Dynamic, innovative, and positive
- Passionate about improving services for people with disabilities
- Creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Be able to act as an ambassador for Forward Housing and the wider Thera Group
- Flexible approach to work
What are the Benefits?
- Lease Car or Business Mileage
- Flexible working hours for work life balance
- 33 days Annual Leave including bank Holidays (pro Rata)
- Employee support line to support you and your family
- Free nationally accredited training, and the opportunity to earn a qualification and progress your career
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- Refer a friend and earn up to £300
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Well-being initiatives
- Access to Thousands of Retail Discounts including discounted Health Cash Plan
- An Employee Council that represents the views of staff about matters relating to work
If you have a passion for making a difference to people’s lives, consider a career with Thera Group.
For further information or to learn more about being a support worker in Thera, contact our friendly talent team on 01476 513934 or send an email email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.