SUPPORT WORKER - Nacro Education Support and Transition (NEST)
Location – Boston
Job Type - Permanent/Part-Time
Hours - 17 hours per week (3-week rolling rota; 4 shifts on, 4 shifts off 6pm - 10.45pm)
Salary - £9,770.32 per annum (Base salary £9217.82 + £552.5 Unsociable Hours allowance)
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference every day? Do you want to work as part of an established team that employs a non-judgemental approach, sensitivity and understanding? This might be the right role for you!
This role is based in our friendly and supportive team in our Young People's Hub in Boston. You will work with Young People aged 16-21 who are homeless or are threatened with homelessness and have support needs including social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties. Your role will be to support them to transition from supported accommodation into more independent accommodation and develop life skills along the way. You will provide advice and assistance to these Young People to support them with becoming ambitious and independent and embrace new opportunities.
- Work with young people offering creative and innovative supported opportunities.
- Keep appropriate records and inform other staff of relevant issues.
- Facilitate regular consultation and action to enable young people to make decisions concerning their lives with a view to independent living.
- Assist in arranging appointments with relevant professionals.
- Provide advice and assistance on personal budgeting and claims for welfare benefits.
- Ensure that, where applicable, housing and property management tasks are effectively undertaken in line with procedure and targets.
What we need from you
- To be approachable and have the ability to build rapport and trusted relationships with colleagues and outside agencies.
- An understanding of the support needs of Young People who typically use our services
- An understanding of the welfare benefits system.
- Previous experience of working with Young People or extensive experience of providing care and/or support services within another social care setting.
What you can expect from us
- A dynamic and supportive team who delivers results for the people we support every day.
- A commitment to helping you learn and develop your career.
- Excellent benefits including a great annual leave entitlement, additional special leave, an occupational sick pay scheme which exceeds statutory requirements and cycle-to-work scheme.
We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years’ experience of changing lives, building stronger communities, and reducing crime. Last year alone we helped support, house, educate, advise, and speak out for 38,000 disadvantaged young people and adults - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward
For full details about the role, please click here.
For full details about Nacro's amazing benefits, please click here.
An Enhanced and Barred DBS check is required for this role.
A Full Driving Licence and access to own vehicle are essential criteria for this role.
If you want to be a part of what we offer in Lincolnshire, please apply online.