Waking Night Support Worker
Job type: Permanent/ Full Time
Hours: 35 (plus 5 hours paid lunch breaks)
Salary: £22,989 (Inc AW & UWH) per annum
Location: Harlow (Ladyshot)
Nacro are pleased to introduce an exciting new support provision called Essex NEST (Nacro Education Support and Transition) which is focused on providing support to young people.
Would you like to be part of a new and growing team of Support workers working with Young People?
You will have your own caseload of young people, maintaining oversight of their progress from the point of service entry through to service exit and independence.
It’s a flexible model in which we aim to provide the ‘right help at the right time’, underpinned by a trauma-informed approach. Our mantra is “No decision about you without you!”
We are currently recruiting for staff to join our exciting new service where you will be working with:
- Young people aged 16 and 17 years old at risk of homelessness.
- Care Leavers aged 18-21
- Vulnerable young parents up to the age of 21
- Other vulnerable 18–21-year-old
Who are we looking for:
The Night Worker will work across a defined geographical area delivering a high quality service to Nacro Housing residents and will be responsible for managing the safety and security of the building and those within it. Working with young people 16-21 with complex needs in supported housing accommodation. experience of lone working and waking nights.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as an initial point of reference for Nacro service users and external agencies while on duty.
- Implement night security systems, ensuring overall safety and security of the housing service and respond to faults as discovered.
- Monitor access to the services and visitors and log and report incidents and antisocial behaviour.
- Meet the requirements of health and safety policies and practices.
-Escalate incidents to on call services where needed
- Maintain written records e.g. incidents, handover, support or risk plans
.- Car driver needed
For details of the full role profile please click here
For Details of Nacro's excellent benefits click here
Please Apply online