Origin – Great homes, positive people and strong communities
An inspiring past and a bright future
A home is the essential foundation for a good quality of life, so what we do every day really matters to the wellbeing of our communities. Here at Origin, we trace our roots back almost 100 years, building and managing high quality homes as well as providing support services and housing for those who are most vulnerable in London and Hertfordshire. We work to provide safe, decent affordable homes and support for individuals and communities.
Focused on our residents, our driving ambition is to provide services that make people’s lives easier, and homes and communities they can be proud to live in. We are ‘not for profit’ and reinvest all our surpluses back into our varied and vibrant neighbourhoods.
The role – Caretaker/Cleaner
As a Caretaker/Cleaner you will be part of a small team who ensure our properties are consistently maintained to high standards of cleanliness and repair. The role is in the Enfield Single Housing Team who manage our shared accommodation within Origin’s stock in Enfield. The role is pivotal in the housing management role we provide to our tenants as well ensuring we comply with Health and Safety requirements.
What you’ll do
- Attend to cleaning tasks in compliance with schedules and frequencies defined for each estate/property, including the reporting of emergencies, communal repairs and any incidents of vandalism
- Assist contractors with access, deliver leaflets and letters and carry out fire safety checks as required.
- Visit estates/properties on a daily basis ensuring a focal point for residents, promoting a positive image to our customers and the local community
What you’ll need
We’re looking for someone who has:
Previous experience of cleaning and basic appreciation of Health and Safety
Physically fit and able to carry out role requirements
Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
Excellent customer service and communication skills
Basic level of literacy and numeracy
Our core values are at the heart of how we work
Take the lead
Remember the little things
We're committed to the wellbeing of our people and in creating an environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Our benefits to you
- Origin’s ways of working make it easier for you to balance work and home life. You will benefit from flexible working which offers you the opportunity to work from where you are most effective, with the technology and equipment you need, as well as access to flexible space for collaborative working.
- A generous 25-day holiday allowance plus bank holidays, that increases with time, with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- 2 additional ‘giving something back’ volunteer days
- A pension scheme with contributions from 4% of your salary
- Family leave, compassionate leave and enhanced maternity pay
- Simply Health cash plan providing money back when you spend on health appointments including physiotherapy, dental and opticians
- Interest free loans to help spread the cost of a season ticket or another big purchase
- Annual staff conference, team away days and annual team meal allowance
- Access to Perk Box for fantastic savings on everyday purchases and much more
- Free employee assistance programme
- Opportunities to join staff network groups
- Refer a friend bonus
And there’s more ….click here to see our full list of benefits
We’re also committed to ensuring that our people have access to an excellent range of learning and development opportunities including our induction programme, course sponsorship, leadership development, mentoring and talent schemes along with professional membership if it’s a requirement to your role.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the job description for Caretaker/Cleaner below.
Closing date for applications: 26 November 2023
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 29 November 2023
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However, all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.