Fixed Term – up to 6 months – Full Time (36.25 Hours)
RBH currently have an opportunity for a Rents and Service Charge Analyst to join our Finance and Procurement Team on a fixed term basis.
You will be responsible for providing information through identifying, gathering, integrating and analysis of financial and non-financial datasets to support the Rents and Service Charge Business Partner by delivering an effective and efficient service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Rent and Service Charge Business Partner in monitoring income and expenditure variances on a monthly basis in conjunction with budget holders, prepare quarterly forecasts and advise budget holders on corrective action for significant variances.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of actual, budget and forecast financial data relating to rents, service charges and other income.
- Calculating and processing Direct Debit payments from Right to Buy (RTB) customers to ensure maximum income recognition
- Analysis and maintenance of the Finance Information systems and ledgers for Service Charges
- Complete monthly cash reconciliations, collaborate with internal stakeholders to resolve issues that arise
- Provide a proactive and responsive customer facing first line service in relation to direct customer enquiries and complaints
Who are we looking for?
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent
- Excellent numeracy & Data Analysis skills, with the ability to analyse and present complex sets of numerical information.
- A thorough understanding of Rent and Service Charge income and expenditure streams within a social housing environment would be ideal.
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of new initiatives and to work to tight deadlines and engage other colleagues in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to finance and non-finance employees.
- Experience in the use of computerised financial systems
- Experience of creating and using complex spreadsheets with the ability to accurately transpose and extract information and data,
- Understanding of current legislation, guidance, and best practice in relation to social housing rents and service charges, specifically The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and 1988 respectfully and Section 20’s Legislation
What's in it for you?
As an RBH employee, you will receive a range of fantastic benefits, including: -
- SMART working arrangements
- Holiday entitlement – 30 days holiday plus all UK bank holidays, with an additional 5 days after completion of five years’ service. Part time employees will receive a pro rata entitlement.
- Ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per year.
- A quality defined contribution pension scheme, with salary exchange and RBH matches your contributions up to 8%
- Healthcare – automatic enrolment into a health care cash plan, covering optical and dental costs, consultation fees and physio to name but a few.
- You will also have access to our Employment Assistance Programme with a 24-hour confidential counselling support for both personal and work-related issues.
- Plus, many more
Please refer to the attached Job Description upon completing your application
We shortlist and interview for our roles throughout the duration of the advert. Therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to close any of our adverts prior to the stated closing date should we have a high volume of appropriate candidates.