Could you be our next best Youth Support Worker?
We are booking interviews for an event on 30th November 2023 on an ongoing basis. therefore, if this role interests you, don’t delay, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and before the closing date to be sure of receiving an invite.
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of Young People? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to supporting their growth and empowerment? We are searching for enthusiastic people who care about supporting others.
We are currently looking for Youth Support Workers to work Full Time 37.5 hours or Part Time 22.5 hours or 15 hours a week across various locations in St Albans, Hemel Hempstead and Watford.
Typical shifts are 7am to 3pm & 2pm to 10pm Mon-Fri with some weekends and sleep ins required.
Please note this role does not require personal care.
As a Youth Support Worker, you will be a guiding light, a mentor and an advocate for Young People living in supported accommodation.
We work to create a positive and nurturing environment and to build confidence, resilience and important life skills enabling the young people to feel safe and prepared for independent living.
You'll be there to offer guidance and encouragement, helping them overcome challenges and celebrate their achievements, both big and small.
You will receive regular support from your line manager and colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a diverse caseload of young people, Providing targeted support to enable them to access educational opportunities, healthcare services; live well in their accommodation & develop independent living skills, Working in partnership with Social Workers & other professionals to achieve positive outcomes, Transporting young people to appointments within the community.
You will use your initiative and decision-making skills on a regular basis, developing support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
If you're ready to embark on a rewarding career, where every day brings new possibilities, join our team as a Youth Support Worker. Together, lets inspire and transform lives. Apply now and be a part of something extraordinary!
We have both full and part-time roles across Hertfordshire and specifically for;
- Weymouth Street, Hemel Hempstead
- Ebberns Road, Hemel Hempstead
- Weymouth Street, Hemel Hempstead
- George Street, Hemel Hempstead
- Moreton Road, Luton
- Oysterfields, St Albans
- Rickmansworth Road, Watford
- Shenleybury Villas, Radlett
As well as on the job training and support these roles have mandatory training (NVQ level, paid by us) as a requirement and will apply to all new employees.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible and committed individuals with a`can-do`attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working, Be a car driver with own car, You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support, Be flexible in your approach to work, Have a commitment to equality and diversity, Take a positive approach to supporting young people.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service, Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance, Monthly attendance bonus, Annual salary and cost of living review, Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing, Workplace pension scheme, Life assurance of three times your annual salary, Friendly and supportive team environment, Employee Assistance scheme to support your health and wellbeing, Mileage paid for car usage, Blue light card, Enhanced Disclosure (DBS) and update service fully funded, Access to reflective practice, Progression support - Personalised development plan, Access to apprenticeship scheme, Access to non-mandatory training relevant to your role.
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure (DBS) and registered with the update service.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, we are holding a recruitment event on 30th November in Hertfordshire, apply now to receive a formal invite.
To be invited to this event please apply now.
The job description for the Support Worker role is attached.
Please note; We cannot provide Visa sponsorship at this time; all applicants will be required to demonstrate the right to work in the UKa s part of the selection process.
Closing date: 23rd November 2023
Interview date: 30th November 2023 (in Hemel Hempstead, but roles are based across Hertfordshire.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.