We are seeking a dynamic and visionary Director of Empowering Futures to lead the development and execution of a robust customer investment strategy aligned with MTVH's Corporate strategy. In this senior leadership role, you will collaborate closely with cross-directorate teams, ensuring the strategy's integration with MTVH's broader objectives, while providing substantial support to our residents. This position encompasses establishing and launching a new charity foundation, engaging with third-party funders and stakeholders, and nurturing a performance-oriented, people-centred culture within the organization.
- Community Investment Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive community investment strategy aligned with MTVH's mission. Through research and engagement, identify community needs and establish partnerships with local entities, maximizing the impact of our initiatives.
- Charity Foundation Management: Lead the establishment of a new charity foundation, defining its mission and overseeing grantmaking processes. Ensure efficient allocation of funds to impactful programs that directly benefit MTVH residents.
- Resident Empowerment and Development: Design and implement empowering programs covering personal, professional, and economic development. Foster inclusivity, encouraging resident participation, and collaboration with local organizations for additional support services.
- Operational Oversight: Provide strategic direction to MTVH Migration Foundation, collaborating on budgeting, performance monitoring, and program evaluation. Ensure the alignment of foundation initiatives with MTVH's overarching goals.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Advocacy: Engage with residents, community leaders, local authorities, and partners, building strong relationships. Represent MTVH in external forums, advocating policies supporting resident well-being, and promoting a cohesive approach to community investment.
- Proven experience in community investment, social services, or related fields.
- Exceptional leadership, strategic planning, and communication skills.
- Previous involvement in managing charitable foundations and grantmaking processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to social innovation and inclusive community development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role by clicking the apply button and attaching the documents. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Interview Dates: 29th November-1st December. Interviews may include a presentation.
Please note:- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.