The Barnet Group
Would you like to be part of a phenomenal team of 1000 colleagues who every day are making a positive impact on more than 14,000 families in and around the diverse communities of Barnet? If so, then the Barnet Group can offer you what you are looking for.
The Barnet Group prides itself on being an inclusive employer so that our people can be their authentic self. We promote an environment where each staff member feels valued while also acknowledging their differences and how these differences contribute to our culture and business outcomes.
We celebrate different points of view and want to encourage a diverse group of people who are representative of the community we serve to get involved and engage with us regardless of age, disability, gender or gender identity, ethnic origin or race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit a Customer Support Officer who will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support for services within the Housing Needs Teams helping to ensure that the team operates effectively and efficiently.
The Housing Options Service at Barnet Homes is at the frontline of homelessness in Barnet, providing housing and homelessness advice. A key function of the Customer Support Officer role is to help prepare customers for their housing needs assessment by supporting customers to upload their documents to the customer portal. Carrying out ‘pre-appointments’ for our customers who cannot access the portal. The Customer Support Officer will also provide comprehensive administrative support to ensure we can deliver a streamlined and effective service.
The post holder will need to provide a high standard of customer service and utilise strong communication skills both face to face and over the telephone with clients. The role will report into the New Applications Team Manager and will work closely with other staff and teams within the service.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in a face-to-face customer focused environment
- An awareness of social housing and relevant government agendas
- An understanding of what constitutes excellent customer care, how it can be measured and improved and a commitment to delivering it.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage Ability to draw logical conclusions from personal observations and interviews with customers
- Ability to resolve difficult and confrontational situations
- Ability to maintain accurate case notes ensuring they are completed in a timely manner within target timescales and to maintain information on databases
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to work with databases and MS Office applications
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now’.
What’s in it for you?
We’re committed to making The Barnet Group a really great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture, we offer a generous pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- We are a London Living Wage Employer
- 25 days annual leave, rising with length of service
- Ability to buy or sell up to five days annual leave per year
- Life insurance - 3x of annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering Activities
- Flexible and agile working
- Flexible Benefits & Pension – access to a variety of benefits to choose from
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with learning pool platform
- The Barnet Group is a mindful employer with trained Mental Health First Aiders
Our promise and values
The Barnet group evaluates staff attitudes and the willingness of people to embrace inclusion and diversity, and the extent to which they take meaningful action which contributes to our ability to attract and retain talent. TBG offers our people a psychologically safe space whilst promoting personal growth.
Most importantly, we believe in the three “C’s” of inclusion; by being curious, courageous, and committed individuals, we inspire our teams to become more welcoming and inclusive.
Our values are also an integral part of the way we work together, and they are:
- Show respect – we respect each other and our customers.
- Find solutions – we find solutions to meet people’s needs.
- Make a difference – we make a positive difference to people’s lives.
- Be person centred - Treat everyone you meet as an individual, and remember, one size does not fit all