Role: Service Charge Specialist based in either London or the Midlands - Salary range dependent upon location
London - EC1N 8JS £36,847 - £38,787
Beeston- NG9 1LA £29,425 - £30,973
This role is eligible for our smarter working policy
As a Central Service Charge Specialist based within our busy service team will see you being responsible for supporting the calculating, collecting and allocating service charges in leasehold and rented properties. This includes preparing the data through various systems which enables the accurate calculation of charges, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant regulations. You will play a key role in coordinating with the wider service charge team and on occasion with other departments. You will run compliance reports to ensure our service charge data has been mapped and loaded correctly identifying and resolving any issues. This role will also see you supporting the wider service charges and rent functions by being the central hub for processes for other business areas.
Duties to include:
- Provide responsive internal customer service, and support, in all central aspects of service charge enquiries in line with service expectations and key performance indicators
- Provide data, policy documentation and analysis required to support documentation for formal challenges (relating to First Tier Tribunal and other civil law actions)
- Support the wider service charge team to ensure that processes are carried out effectively and in line with policy, procedure and legislation
- Make systematic improvements to central processes and systems to avoid future service failures, complaints and disputes. This should include regular checks of data cleanliness, and co-ordinating resolution of any issues
- Set, manage and analyse financial forecasts for Service Charge activities, highlighting and liaising variance with relevant teams and individuals
- Compile and analyse reporting information, and prepare data loads to service charge systems
- To lead on resolving complex service charge issues and responding to related enquiries and complaints
- Provide advice on leasehold and service charge issues to colleagues and relevant stakeholders, and on the feasibility and efficiency of service charge system use
- Maximise recovery of income by ensuring that charges are coded and allocated correctly
You must possess:
- Ability to explain complex or technical information to a variety of audiences – both internal and external.
- Knowledge and/or experience of budget management and appropriate controls
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel
- Experience and detailed understanding of Service Charges, Housing and/or Residential Property Management
- Knowledge of the legal and statutory framework around home ownership & service charges and preparing legal cases for Courts and Tribunals
- Previous experience of working within a customer service environment
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.