Kitchen / Bathroom Fitter
Bedford and surrounding areas
Full Time, (40 hours per week)
From £33,600 per annum plus company van, tools and fuel card
We currently have exciting opportunities for candidates to join bpha’s In House Maintenance Service, who make a difference to our customer’s lives everyday by delivering a high-quality repairs service designed around them.
We operate across Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and surrounding areas, and we utilise the latest technology to ensure that we not only deliver a great experience for our customers, but for our colleagues as well.
Due to further expansion of our In-House Maintenance Service team, we are currently looking for Bathroom and Kitchen Fitters to be responsible for the delivery and completion of new installations within our customers' homes and within empty properties (voids).
The role will be suitable for carpenters or plumbers with the relevant experience, ensuring that the works completed are to a high standard and quality, on time and high levels of customer satisfaction.
40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
What you will be doing:
- Applying your technical knowledge, skills, and training to complete the installations assigned to you in a safe, efficient manner.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that you operate in an organised way with minimal downtime, meeting the needs of our customers.
- Delivering a high standard of work, quality, and customer experience
- Achieving a high-level of right first-time work and ensuring that we achieve a positive outcome for the customer.
- Role profile is attached to the bottom of this advert for full details.
- Helping the team build the service in readiness for launch of this brand new workstream in April 2024, some assistance on Responsive and Void works whilst you get settled here at bpha.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A strong, demonstrable commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of domestic installations, with proven experience.
- If plumber: NVQ level 2 or higher Plumbing (E) or C&G 6189: Plumbing and domestic heating Level 2 or higher.
- If carpenter: NVQ level 2 or higher in Carpentry/Wood Occupations, or similar
- Full clean driving licence.
- Good and relevant health and safety knowledge.
- An organised approach to work, self-motivated, with a positive attitude and able to manage time effectively and efficiently.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- A competitive salary from £33,600 per annum plus company van, tools and fuel card
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays (rising to 33 days plus bank holidays with length of service)
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave
- Private health care
- Free life assurance
- Access to an extensive suite of wellbeing services and tools including a digital gym
- Opportunities for learning and development
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: 23rd November 2023
Interviews will happen during the advert being live.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible