Fixed Term Contract until December 2024
Here at Stonewater, we’re proud to make things personal. If it matters to our customers, it matters to us. We’re recruiting for a brand new role to support our efforts to deliver a proactive, positive and impactful customer complaints service.
Your role as Senior Customer Relations Officer will be crucial in helping us to improve the customer experience for all of our customers. You’ll also help us mitigate against reputational risk through the effective management of Housing Ombudsman Service cases, investigations, and complex stage two complaints.
As this is a new role, you’ll have the opportunity to make it your own – using your expertise to develop and implement a quality framework to improve Stonewater’s overall approach, alongside personally managing cases to resolution.
You will be an excellent relationship builder – both internally and externally, and act as a contact point with the Housing Ombudsman Service to ensure we provide information and follow up on cases promptly. You will lead complex complaint investigations to resolve customer concerns and ensure our complaint responses meet the Housing Ombudsman Service’s requirements. You will also have a keen attention to detail and be responsible for the preparation of evidence submissions for Housing Ombudsman Service’ investigations, working to identify and mitigate risks of negative determinations, and lead our work to improve the customer experience at stage two complaint stage.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a genuine passion for social housing and a strong interest in operational issues from repairs, to managing anti-social behaviour.
- Have significant experience of complaint handling in social housing, including investigating and responding to complex stage two cases.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Housing Ombudsman Service, the Complaint Handling Code, and the Regulator’s expectations around complaint handling.
- Have experience of preparing submissions for Housing Ombudsman Service investigation, including working with colleagues to identify and prepare relevant evidence for consideration.
- Have experience of implementing quality frameworks to drive sustained performance improvement.
- Have excellent communication and written skills, and the ability to adapt to Stonewater’s Tone of Voice.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Have experience using housing management systems, such as ActiveH, to gather evidence.
- Be a strong leader with a passion for supporting, coaching and upskilling colleagues.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.