Housing Management Worker
Job type: Permanent/ Part Time
Salary: £8588 per annum
Saying what we do at Nacro is simple. We house, we educate, we support, and we speak out for - and with - disadvantaged young people and adults. But it's how we do it that really makes the difference.
By challenging boundaries, setting agendas, and delivering innovative solutions, we successfully promote social justice and give everyone we deal with the best chance of a second chance. And because it affects their lives, we aim to achieve the highest standards in everything we do.
What we offer
We want all our employees to have an excellent work-life balance and employee wellbeing is very important to us. Nacro is committed to supporting employees to balance the demands of personal and work responsibilities at times of urgent and unforeseen circumstance through the provision of various types of leave. We offer a discretionary 10 days of special leave for dependent or bereavement leave.
We have an excellent benefits package which includes a 25 days per year (plus public holidays) annual leave entitlement, with an additional day added each year, increasing to 30 days (plus 8 public holidays) after 5 years' service. Additionally, we also provide an occupational sick pay scheme which exceeds statutory requirements. If you want to work as part of a dynamic supportive team who delivers results for the people we support every day, Nacro could be the place for you.
Who are we looking for?
A Housing Management worker to work as part of a team, managing a portfolio of properties and tenancies across a designated area, providing an intensive Housing Management Service to a core group of people. Someone with experience of Housing management, rents , compliance, tenant welfare and safeguarding , property health and safety and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
Ability to provide intensive housing management support.
• Ability to undertake risk assessments and accommodation plans
• Ability to determine eligibility for the service taking necessary action where required are delivered.
• Ability to deal with Property management and maintenance issues
• Ability to work closely with the Asset Management team on ensuring property standards are maintained, repairs are reported in a timely way and ensuring the properties are suitable for letting and safe occupation.
• Ability to maximise rent collection and adhere to the arrears management policy and procedure.
Professional and Technical Experience:
• Ability to Maintain the highest professional standards and service levels to our service users treating everyone with dignity and respect.
• Ability to Work in partnership with the Housing Management team to ensure we are working within our voids and arrears targets, complying with Tenure Law, and abiding by our Housing policies and procedures.
• Ability to foster positive relationships with the local community, neighbours, and landlords.
• Ability to work collaboratively with key internal partners in Quality, Policy, HR, Finance, and IT to deliver the best possible service to our users.
• be prepared to work flexibly across more than one area if required.
Ability to comply with organisational and compliance elements of the job description
Duties may vary from time to time within the broad remit of your role and grade. You are required to undertake any such reasonable and appropriate duties.
This role requires regular travel, a full Driving License and access to your own vehicle are an essential criteria.
DBS check required for this role
To view the role profile please click