(Nacro Education Support and Transition)
Supporting Young Persons (age 16- 21), to maintain tenancy and engage in external support services
Job type - Full time/ Permanent
Salary - £23,040 per annum- (base salary - £21,740 and unsocial working hour- £1,300)
Hours - 35 (Staff work 8am till 8pm shifts 365 days of year)
Who we are:
Nacro are pleased to introduce an exciting new support provision called Essex NEST (Nacro Education Support and Transition) which is focused on providing support to young people.
Would you like to be part of a new and growing team of Support workers working with Young People?
You will have your own caseload of young people, maintaining oversight of their progress from the point of service entry through to service exit and independence.
It's a flexible model in which we aim to provide the 'right help at the right time', underpinned by a trauma-informed approach. Our mantra is "No decision about you without you!"
We are currently recruiting for staff to join our exciting new service where you will be working with:
- Young people aged 16 and 17 years old at risk of homelessness.
- Care Leavers aged 18-21
- Vulnerable young parents up to the age of 21
- Other vulnerable 18-21-year-old
Who are we looking for :
An experienced candidate to support our service users, supporting them to source move on accommodation, helping with benefits, financial concerns, employment and training opportunities as well as to address offending behavior issues and liaise with offender managers and 3rd party agencies to provide cohesive support.
A Full driving licence access to vehicle to travel across county is required, as the successful applicant will cover two quadrants. Previous criminal justice or support work experience is desirable but not essential.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Supporting Young Persons (age 16- 21), to maintain tenancy and engage in external support services.
- Plan and deliver an effective support and safety plan with the service user referring to specialist agencies as required. The progressions/outcomes identified, delivered and service user contact should be recorded, monitored, reviewed, and updated regularly and in line with contract requirements
- Maximise rent collection, ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained, taking proactive action to minimise rent arrears in line with targets, monitoring the account and recording all actions and where necessary taking appropriate action when arrears arise in line with policy and procedure
- Ensure that routine property maintenance and damage is reported promptly to maintenance staff
- DBS check required for this role
- A full UK driving licence and use of own car are required.
For Details of Nacro's excellent benefits click here