1 year fixed term (maternity cover)
Evesham with travel to or work at our other offices, services, schemes, projects, housing, or development locations as dictated by the role.
Rooftop Housing Group is a modern, dynamic and flexible social business, aiming to deliver high quality, value for money services. We are proud of our people and what we achieve, making a positive impact on lives every day.
We need high performing people at all levels who can champion our culture, live our values and facilitate high performance in others, encouraging applications from all candidates with the right experience and qualifications. Supporting individuals to request reasonable adjustments that will help them to perform to the best of their abilities and make them feel more comfortable. We strive to maintain a skilled knowledgeable and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged through working in a supportive working environment.
We want to ensure you are rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Holiday buying and selling scheme
- A day’s paid leave for your birthday or annual celebration
- 2 days paid leave to help with a house move once you have completed your probationary period
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan, which includes a range of treatments including dental treatment, physiotherapy, consultation and 24 hour free confidential helpline
- Company contribution to mindfulness and fitness. For example discounted gym membership, fitness classes or mindfulness apps.
- Online discount with a number of retail shops, supermarkets, cinema, insurance and holidays.
- Funded training and sponsored qualifications.
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year.
About the role
Providing a liaison service between the organisation and the housing benefits team across a range of Local Authorities and with the Department of Work and Pensions, you will coordinate and manage legal action to recover rent arrears and other debts, as well as provide financial inclusion advice information and support to customers along with debt awareness advice. We are looking for an Income Officer to work closely with Neighbourhood Officers and take responsibility for the appropriate and effective action to recover rent arrears, service charges and sundry debts within a defined area.
This role would suit someone who has recent and in-depth experience of working with debtors, ideally within housing or related field. With an understanding of the purpose and ethos of social housing, you will have experience of providing advice and guidance to a diverse and often vulnerable client base, and have knowledge of best practice relating to financial inclusion and income collection. Knowledge of the appropriate referral routes for tenants who need specialist financial advice and support is also essential, as is the ability to advise on the appropriate welfare benefits available to customers.
Closing date: 9am, 27 November 2023
Interview date: 5 December 2023
Please refer to the recruitment pack upon completion of your application.