About the role
We currently have an opportunity for full time (35 hours) Waking Night Worker at Open Door homelessness service and night shelter in St Albans.
The Waking Night Worker will:
- Work as part of a team to provide a service that meets and responds to the individual needs of our service users
- Take responsibility for staying awake throughout the night to ensure the safety and security of the service, responding appropriately to needs and emergencies and seek support/ guidance from the on call person or other professionals and agencies as required
- Undertake household and administration tasks throughout the night as detailed
Ensuring the security of the service is paramount, including service users, the building and all contents.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Positively engage with and sustain appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services
- Flexible approach when dealing with single people with support needs
- Work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Act calmly and respond professionally in stressful and difficult situations
We welcome applications from people who have experienced homelessness. Open Door Homelessness Service works with people who are at risk of sleeping and living on the streets. The service provides overnight accommodation for up to 12 individuals and a day-time drop in service for people in housing need.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £24,369 pa for a 35 hour aweek contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
How to Apply
Please see below for a copy of the Waking Night Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd December 2023
Interview date: Friday 8th December 2023
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are a Disability Confident Employer.