Housing with Support Manager
£25,213 Pro Rota
Woodvale, 315 Wollaton Vale, Nottingham, NG8 2PX
25 hours per week (Maternity cover)
Full Driving license and access to a car is desirable for this role
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
Metropolitan Thames Valley is looking for an enthusiastic Housing specialist to join as a manager at our Woodvale housing scheme in Wollaton, Nottingham. This is a part time role working 25 hours a week.
As the Housing and Support Manager your main responsibilities will include the safe and effective running of your services. You will be the single point of access for customers regarding all housing or support related queries. You will be a positive and professional representation of the organisation, to customers, visitors, contractors, other professionals and key stakeholders.
All the customers are aged 55 and above requiring support to maintain a dignified level of independence. This includes a single service plus a number of residence in close proximity to the service, but living in the community. While none will be receiving care from Metropolitan Thames Valley this may be provided by third parties and you will be a point of contact for these providers
What you'll need to succeed
As you will be the on-site manager, experience is essential as you will be the go to person. You will often be lone working and while there is a wider team to support you on a day to day basis you will be responsible for making the decision.
To be considered for interview your CV must demonstrate: -
1) Experience of working with, and supporting vulnerable adults
2) The ability to take a positive approach to problem solving and be decisive in your own decisions
3) A good understanding of Housing Management responsibilities
4) Good knowledge of the Care act
5) Demonstrate a good understanding of customer service
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Adult Barred list, once an offer of employment is made.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.