Care and support Worker
Part time - 30 Hours per week (Including a weekly sleepover)
£20,319 (pro rata)
Caring is at the heart of what we do at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing. It is an integral part of the company and something we pride ourselves in as being the best. If you are a caring individual, one who wants to support people to live the best lives they can, then this is the role for you.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Care & Support Worker working in one of our services based at Broadstone close This is a
30-hour post, with the opportunity to complete extra shifts if you wish.
In this position you will support people with various Learning Disabilities to remain as independent as possible. You will be responsible for their support plans and liaising with others that support our customers on a day-to-day basis. As this is a registered supported house, there will also be several hours in the day where one to one personal care is provided, depending on our customers` needs. Support is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Subsequently, this role does involve shift work and there will be an opportunity for overtime.
MTVH are able to provide full training to you if you have the desire and compassion to take up this role. This training will ensure you provide personalised care and support services to our customers with dignity. This role does require you to work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, privacy and well-being, in collaboration with the senior care and support workers/team leaders.
What you`ll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, previous experience is ideal. We are seeking individuals who can provide a caring and supportive service to our customers whilst helping them feel dignified throughout. You will demonstrate you understand what good support looks like appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion, and sexuality of the customer to improve their quality of life and independence.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Adult Barred list once an offer of employment is made.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.