SENIOR PROPERTY OFFICER
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £35,528 - £38,879 per annum
Closing Date: 28th November 2023
Interviews will be held w/c 4 December 2023
Centrepoint, the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity, is looking for a Senior Property Officer to join our Property Maintenance team based in London.
We help vulnerable young people by giving them the practical and emotional support they need to find a job and live independently. Centrepoint provides homeless young people with accommodation, health support and life skills in order to get them back into education, training and employment. We want to end youth homelessness by 2037.
Together with our partners, we support over 16,000 young people each year.
This role is part of our small and busy Property Maintenance team who cover responsive repairs, void works and planned maintenance across all of our buildings nationwide. Duties include managing a patch of Services and properties in London with responsibility for repairs, void inspections, raising orders to contractors and working with both contractors and landlords to ensure all of our properties meet the Centrepoint Property Standard. In addition this role has responsibility for managing our Responsive Repairs Co-ordinators who are the first point of contact for all day to day repairs.
- A good team player
- Supportive and Approachable
- Good knowledge of property related issues
- Experienced in repairs and voids work
- Familiar with Schedule of Rates
- Experienced in working with Contractors
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a patch of properties
- Carrying out void inspections and raising repair orders and void specifications
- Carrying out regular inspections of our buildings
- Managing and Supporting Repairs Co-ordinators
- Liaising with colleagues in our Services
Why join Centrepoint?
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Healthcare cash plan (Cover the costs of a wide range of medical treatment including Dental, Optical, Complementary and Alternative therapies).
- Private Medical insurance
- Income protection
- Employer pension contributions of 5%
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
At Centrepoint we challenge the discrimination within society that contributes to youth homelessness, and we are just as committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint itself. We are passionate about ensuring all of our colleagues are made to feel included in the work we do and that we value the rich diversity within the organization.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, belief in any religion and none, gender identity, ethnic origin, class, sexuality, nationality, appearance, unrelated criminal activities, disability, responsibility for dependents, part time or shift workers, being HIV positive or living with AIDS, lived experience of homelessness or using young people’s services and any other matter which causes a person to be treated with injustice.
Centrepoint’s policy is to recruit, employ and promote people on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed, and to this end, our aim is to ensure that all applicants, employees and volunteers receive equal treatment.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Maintenance Officer/Handyperson click ‘Apply’ now!