Job title: Asset Manager
Job reference: COLREQ01209
Working Hours: 37 hours per week. (**Fixed term – 18 months**)
This vacancy has no closing date, we reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time, therefore early submission of your application is encouraged.
Colchester Borough Homes (CBH) is a company set up by Colchester City Council. As part of the local business community since 2003, we are an award-winning organisation, providing management and maintenance services to around 7,000 residential, commercial and public buildings throughout the Borough, including the Council’s housing stock, Colchester Castle and Colchester Town Hall.
About the role:
We are looking for an Asset Manager to join their Asset Management Team. Working as part of the Asset Management Team, you will have the opportunity to manage a variety of works under the Council’s Housing Improvement/Capital works/Net Zero Carbon programmes. The Asset Manager will also lead, manage and develop Assistant Asset Managers and/or Apprentices & Trainees.
You will have:
- A minimum of an HNC / HND or equivalent level in Building, or Construction related subject.
- Excellent communication, project management, organisation and ICT skills.
- Post qualification experience.
- Working knowledge of building pathology, repairs, and maintenance process within a local authority, or similar organisation.
- Experience of specification writing and building design.
- Working knowledge of an Asset Management database.
- Management of Health & Safety processes
- Excellent working knowledge of Construction and relevant regulations/legislation.
- Good knowledge of rented and leasehold property maintenance including section 20 procedures.
CBH believes that learning and development is a continuous process. There is an expectation that employees will keep abreast of developments within their own area of expertise.
You will be:
- Able to manage the budgets, value and certify works.
- Proficient in surveying buildings and structures. To project manage individual building projects, and programmes.
- Able to work well as part of a team, and under your own initiative.
- Competent in building working relationships.
- Committed to providing an excellent service to our customers.
Benefits of the role include:
In return, we are offering a competitive salary, including excellent benefits, which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme with a 20.8 % employer contribution
- Excellent training, development, and progression opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement, 23 days annual leave (increasing to 26 days after 5 years’ service), plus bank and public holidays and two extra company holidays during the Christmas period.
- The opportunity to buy up to another 5 days holiday, subject to conditions
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Provision of a smartphone and laptop
- Discounted gym member - corporate membership rate at Leisure World and the Northern Gateway.
- 1 Volunteering Day per year
- Free Flu Jab
- Agile Working at Colchester Borough Homes means having some flexibility about when, where and how we work to best meet the needs of our role and service area.
Other employee benefits include payment of a professional subscription, free yearly eye tests plus a contribution towards glasses for VDU use.
You can find out more about Colchester Borough Homes by visiting: www.cbhomes.org.uk
For further job details please click here.
If you would like to discuss the role in further detail, please contact Mark Wicks, Head of Asset Management on 07850 066129.
Interview date to be confirmed
Equality & Diversity Commitment
Colchester Borough Homes is an equal opportunities employer. As part of our continued commitment to Equality and Diversity, and to help ensure our workforce reflects the community we represent, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and applicants who have status as an individual with a physical or mental disability. We are a Disability Confident Employer and a Mindful Employer. We also hold accreditations for Working Well, Investors in People Gold status and we are members of the Armed Forces Covenant.
How to apply:
Step 1 – Read the advert, Job Accountability Statement and Person Specification
Step 2 – Click ‘Apply online’ below and complete the application form in full, ensuring that you indicate how you meet the criteria contained within the Person Specification
Step 3 – Press ‘submit’