Salary - £32,489
Job Type - Fixed Term Contract 6 month period
Do you have a passion for providing fantastic Customer Service if so read on as we are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor known internally as a "Repairs Officer" who can act as the first point of contact for our residents. You will be dealing with repairs related enquiries over all media and channels, including but not restricted to; phone, email, video calls, web chat or at reception, where required.
This role is based in our Twickenham (TW1 3RP) Office but for contractual purposes your office base will state this is " The Johnson Building, 77 Hatton Garden, Holborn, London, EC1N 8JS"
As a Repairs Officer your duties will include
- Provide property and maintenance-based advice to residents, in line with our procedures.
- Accurately diagnose repairs and identify property needs and where suitable, following them through to completion.
- Raise accurate works orders for our contractors to maximise first time fix and minimise the need for orders to be varied.
- Provide a quick response to emergency and urgent maintenance queries which is of paramount importance to safeguard our customers and properties.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working with customers in high volume environments with the ability to manage a demanding workload
- Great communication skills
- Experience with or an aptitude for the understanding of property maintenance with the ability to accurately diagnose repairs and instruct contractors following training
- Ability to problem solve within clearly laid out policies and procedures
- Taking responsibility for achieving individual objectives and contributing to team targets
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.