The Barnet Group
Would you like to be part of a phenomenal team of 1000 colleagues who every day are making a positive impact on more than 14,000 families in and around the diverse communities of Barnet? If so, then the Barnet Group can offer you what you are looking for.
The Barnet Group prides itself on being an inclusive employer so that our people can be their authentic self. We promote an environment where each staff member feels valued while also acknowledging their differences and how these differences contribute to our culture and business outcomes.
We celebrate different points of view and want to encourage a diverse group of people who are representative of the community we serve to get involved and engage with us regardless of age, disability, gender or gender identity, ethnic origin or race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit an Estates Service Improvement Officer who will support the design and delivery of service improvement initiatives and business-critical projects that improve customer experience and business outcomes. The post-holder will develop an excellent understanding of issues affecting residents at a local level and will work collaboratively to deliver improvements.
The post-holder will work closely with Estates Services and other operational teams, providing practical support to enable continuous improvement for customers. In this role, you will identify areas of customer pain, recommend solutions that have been shaped with colleagues and customers, and implement change including policy, process, system developments and improved communications for customers which are proactive and helpful. To apply you must be able to drive with a valid driving license and have use of a vehicle as site visits will be required as part of the role (typically one day per week working from home, remaining four days will either be on site or office based).
We are looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- a passion for delivering improvements for customers
- excellent interpersonal skills with experience of working effectively in a team
- a self-starter who can lead on a range of initiatives and effectively manage their workload so that the right tasks are prioritised, and key outcomes are delivered.
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to be creative and innovative to overcome challenges.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now’.
What’s in it for you?
We’re committed to making The Barnet Group a really great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture, we offer a generous pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- We are a London Living Wage Employer
- 25 days annual leave, rising with length of service
- Ability to buy or sell up to five days annual leave per year
- Life insurance - 3x of annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Volunteering Activities
- Flexible and agile working
- Flexible Benefits & Pension – access to a variety of benefits to choose from
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with learning pool platform
- The Barnet Group is a mindful employer with trained Mental Health First Aiders
Our promise and values
The Barnet group evaluates staff attitudes and the willingness of people to embrace inclusion and diversity, and the extent to which they take meaningful action which contributes to our ability to attract and retain talent. TBG offers our people a psychologically safe space whilst promoting personal growth.
Most importantly, we believe in the three “C’s” of inclusion; by being curious, courageous, and committed individuals, we inspire our teams to become more welcoming and inclusive.
Our values are also an integral part of the way we work together, and they are:
- Show respect – we respect each other and our customers.
- Find solutions – we find solutions to meet people’s needs.
- Make a difference – we make a positive difference to people’s lives.
- Be person centred - Treat everyone you meet as an individual, and remember, one size does not fit all.