Are you driven by putting the Customer First & having a passion for the management and recovery of income with a can-do attitude?
If so…... then we would certainly like to hear from you! We have a great opportunity for an Income Officer to join our successful Income Team.
As an Income Officer, you will be working within the Income team with a One Team approach to deliver excellent and innovative customer service, that achieve LHP income services’ core landlord functions, with a focus on maximising income, minimising arrears, sustaining tenancies and improving quality of life.
Managing serious arrears cases through the Courts and the legal income recovery process.
Wat is Lincolnshire Housing Partnership lie to work for?
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership is an impressive company to work for and has been awarded a ‘one to watch’ status in our Best Companies survey. This role is flexible under our agile working policy; therefore, you will be able to work from wherever is suitable to complete the task at hand. This might be at home, at our office located in Grimsby, or somewhere else!
A current driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this role.
We are excited to announce that we are exploring the potential merger between Lincolnshire Housing Partnership (LHP) and Ongo Homes. We believe by combining the strengths of both organisations we will deliver better outcomes for our colleagues and our customers and tenants, and local places.
We are in the early stages of this potential merger, but we anticipate that if agreed, it will be completed sometime in 2024. We are committed to providing our colleagues with the best possible experience during this transition and will be transparent and communicate with them every step of the way.
What benefits will I get from working with Lincolnshire Housing Partnership?
- An employee wellbeing package through our benefits partner Westfield Health worth up to £1200 annually.
- Discounted Shopping Vouchers through Westfield Health
- Opportunities to learn new skills, knowledge through our fantastic corporate training programme.
- An opportunity to join our superb employer sacrifice pension scheme with up to 12% paid by LHP.
- 24 holiday days a year (plus bank holidays) with the ability to earn additional holiday days through full attendance.
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business, let’s be there for each other!
- Career Development & Encouragement
- Positive working environment
What will I be asked to do as an Income Officer?
- Managing a portfolio of accounts through the arrears recovery process, including enforcement, attending court for possession cases and evictions.
- Ensuring good working relations between the Income Team and all other LHP departments, with particular focus on fostering a ‘One Team’ and “Customer First” culture.
- All income management functions that support the core landlord and legislative functions.
- Supporting community and customer engagement, which includes customer participation, attending consultation events and area development activities to ensure that local environments are well maintained.
- Assisting the Income Team Leader in the performance of their duties
What skills, attributes and experience will I need as an Income Officer?
- Ability to manage a portfolio of cases
- Effective communication, organisational and time management skills
- Customer focused
- Work in the “LHP Way”, demonstrating our values of Customer first | Together | Listen Act & Learn, in everything we do.
- Ability to develop and continuously improve services.
- Ability to meet and exceed individual and team key performance indicators.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
- Knowledge or experience of applying income recovery procedures and the application of legislation through legal enforcement processes
- Experience working within a housing or public sector environment
- Proven experience in presenting arrears cases at Court.
- Professional Qualification in housing and/or customer service
- Desire to progress through training and personal development
Please download the full key responsibilities, knowledge, skills and experience required for the role from the supporting document below.
What opportunities will I have for progression?
At LHP we are committed to investing in the development of our employees to enable them to realise their potential. There are many opportunities that LHP will provide you with to enhance your skills and assist in your career progression.
We measure our success within this area by the number of internal promotions that we can achieve and that we are able to retain our best talent. The natural career progression routes that would be applicable to your role are Income Team Leader and Income Manager.
Offer of employment is subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references.
At LHP, we have an ambition to be a Net Zero organisation by 2050. Our vision for a sustainable future underpins everything we do. Our net zero roadmap will guide our business decisions over the coming years, and will ensure we are decreasing our impact on the environment in line with science based targets. We are looking for someone who shares this passion and can support us with achieving this vision