Lead 2nd Line Support Analyst (10423)
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead 2nd Line Support Analyst to join our new IT team on a permanent basis at our Oldham office. Our working style is hybrid, which offers the opportunity to work 3 days from home and 2 days in the office. The initial training period will be full time in the office for a 4-week period.
The successful candidate will lead and supervise a small technical team to support, maintain and optimise the Wintel Desktop Technologies, End-user computing and related Services across Guinness, providing swift Return to Service for business users and services. You will deliver the effective and efficient management of IT Problems related to desktop technologies, including identifying and carrying out Root Cause Analysis and identifying appropriate solutions.
You’ll also be responsible for building and configuring the End User Computing technologies (including Mobile, Desktop, Laptop, Thin Client, Tablets and MS Office) and supporting Guinness’s IT Change Management processes to protect the Live IT estate.
You will implement and monitor service improvements and develop the capability of others to improve first line fix and customer satisfaction scores through coaching and mentoring.
For a full list of key responsibilities please review the attached role profile.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focused organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. To be a success in this role you’ll have great customer service skills and a willingness to learn and want to make a difference. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Proven knowledge in the latest Microsoft End User Computing technologies (e.g. Windows, Mobile, Desktop, Laptop, Thin Client, Tablets and MS Office)
- Excellent prioritisation skills and can handle a number of tasks at once
- Experience operating within an ITIL environment
- Good knowledge of IT services delivered within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem, & Event Management
- Able to maintain good supplier relationships
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours
- Microsoft accreditations (MSCE) or equivalent
- Educated to Level 2 (C+ or Grade 9 to 4 GCSE or equivalent) or higher.
- Computer Science degree qualified or equivalent
- CITRIX certifications (CCA-V)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
Interview will take place week commencing 27th November 2023.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.