This is a brand new role to support the Building Safety & Compliance Manager in the provision of compliance and building safety services, ensuring key operational targets are met or exceeded.
You will be providing a technical support and advice service in relation to building safety and compliance across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Provide a professional contract management service, as well as be a key player in the reporting function and the work to have a ‘golden thread’ of information.
Salary: £40,537per annum
Hours: 35 Per Week
Holiday: 30 days plus bank holidays
Responsible to: Building Safety & Compliance Manager
Who are we?
Town and Country Housing is a housing association with homes in Kent, Surrey and Sussex, with our head office in Tunbridge Wells. We provide more than 10,000 homes in 10 local authority areas and became a subsidiary of the Peabody Group in 2019. We currently have over 300 employees based at various locations across our operating area and promote hybrid working.
Why Choose us?
By choosing Town and Country you will enjoy a variety of employee benefits including:
- Contributory pension scheme 4% to 10% matched contributions
- Hybrid working
- Free onsite car parking
- Life assurance of 4x annual salary (Terms and Conditions apply)
- 30 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Employee assistance programme (24/7 telephone advice, information portal & face to face counselling sessions)
- Corporate eye care scheme providing free eye tests and free VDU glasses or contribution towards VDU glasses
- Extensive annual Staff Wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave provision
- Flexible annual benefits allowance of 1% of salary (for dental, healthcare, shopping vouchers, technology etc)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to an extensive range of corporate discounts on shopping, travel & days out
- Regular staff social events lunchtime walking club, rounders, festive Fridays etc
- Travel loan.
- 2 x volunteer days a year
- Use your technical knowledge to inform, educate and challenge contractors and staff on all matters relating to compliance.
- Be a champion of safety, ensuring it’s the first consideration in any decision-making process.
- Manage a range of contracts, ensuring performance is met or exceeded by addressing underperformance and building in best practice at every opportunity.
- Contribute to risk plans and ensure that risk is appropriately managed across all contracts.
- Contribute to the management of all operational budgets. Monitor and approve expenditure and payments to contractors against tendered rates for services to ensure works are priced correctly.
- Actively work to deliver value for money in compliance services, collaborating with planned and cyclical maintenance teams at every opportunity.
- Work with consultants to continuously improve compliance services and ensure that consultant resources are put to best use.
- Support on the technical procurement of new term contracts for maintenance of all work associated with compliance services.
- Actively promote a resident-focussed culture, ensuring that all feedback is valued and used to improve service delivery. Embed a lessons-learnt culture to achieve customer excellence.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on changes in regulatory legislation, national and local trends and initiatives, in order to meet changing legal obligations and implement best practice to improve services.
- Produce clear and concise reports and guidance documents for decision or to brief the wider business, including EMT.
- Lead and manage the team; motivate, develop, coach, train, induct and formally appraise employees to set performance standards, recognise achievement, and deal with performance issues in accordance with HR policies.
- Actively promote collaboration across all departments and seek out opportunities to eliminate silo working.
- To adhere to the Group’s equal opportunities policy and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible..
- Recognise, respect and promote the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the Group.
- To actively contribute towards the Group’s key performance indicators and professional standards.
- Work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Law and be responsible for the integrity of personal information you process. This may include identifying anomalies in data and investigating and correcting them where appropriate. Ensure you attend training on data protection regularly..
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
- To participate in training and attend other meetings and staff events as required.
- To undertake other such duties as may be reasonably expected from time to time.
- Be an effective member of your team, presenting a positive impression of your section and the Group.
- This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required. It is not comprehensive and does not form part of the contract of employment.
Your skills and experience:
- Successful delivery of building safety and compliance services
- Management of contractors to achieve performance targets
- Promoting health, safety and well-being in construction
- Leading a team
- Production of KPIs relating to safety
- Management of data relating to compliance
- Engagement with residents and proven customer service skills
- Use of structured planning techniques to achieve objectives, targets, activities and goals on time and within approved budgets.
- Technical knowledge
- Resident focussed
- Strong IT skills
- A collaborative approach
- Good decision making skills
- Good planning and prioritisation skills
- Understands the financial implications of individual actions and day-to-day activities on the business.
Education & Qualifications:
- Technical qualifications in any compliance and/or construction discipline
- Experience of contract management
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory and regulatory obligations
- Knowledge of reporting on compliance
Closes 9th October