Gateway Housing has been supporting communities to thrive since 1926. We are an ambitious London based housing association with over 3,000 homes in the heart of London's East End. We provide social rented homes, shared ownership, and sheltered housing. We develop new homes too and are part way through an exciting programme to deliver another 250 homes by 2025. We also run our own in-house maintenance service, Gateway Homeworks. Our vision is that People will want to live in a Gateway home and People will want to work at Gateway.
You will be joining the organisation at an exciting time and be a key member of a dynamic team that wants to deliver great landlord services and strengthen our links to the local community.
Our values add up to P.A.C.E. Passionate, Accountable, Connected, Excellence. As a community housing association based in the East End for nearly 100 years, we're proud of the work we do to address the housing crisis through building and managing great homes.
We are currently recruiting for the following vacancy and welcome applications.
We are looking for a highly skilled general practice Senior Surveyor to lead on major works projects including window and door replacements and oversee disrepair and complex repair cases ensuring speedy resolution. You will work collegiately with Homeworks and manage external contractor effectively ensuring excellent customer service and value for money.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- To manage and supervise Property Services Surveyors and other appropriate staff ensuring that all areas of surveying are managed effectively, and that surveyors and trainees are motivated and supported.
- To ensure that the surveying requirements of GHA are effectively covered and that the team provides technical support and guidance to the organisation as a whole.
- To review and revise policies and procedures as required and recommend and implement new processes.
- To ensure data is correctly stored and databases are accurately updated on a timely basis with records of condition of the assets following the ordering and completion of planned and relevant reactive works.
- Prepare tender documents and consultant briefs, issue invitation to tender, prepare tender evaluation report in accordance with the Association's procurement policy, standing orders and financial regulations.
- Manage contracts on-site including site visits and site meetings and residents issues, inspect unforeseen works, issue stage valuations and approve invoices for stage payments All activities recorded on ICT systems providing a robust audit trail for future reference.
- Participate in resident involvement events, consultations and work closely with resident representatives to ensure that their views are reflected in specifications and processes.
- Act as the lead Property Services representative for all new developments providing technical support from inception, having consideration for long term maintenance and compliance with standard specifications. You will also play a lead role in the handover of the new development ensuring our contractors are fully briefed and prepared to manage future repairs and planned maintenance.
- To attend and manage major of Out of Hours incidents involving GHA residents and or properties where required.
- To ensure consistent and accurate data input into ActiveH property management system and CloudD job management by the Surveying Team.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant professional Qualification in Building Surveying (MRICS or MCIOB) and technical skills to ensure our buildings are maintained to a great standard.
- HND or Degree level qualification in Building surveying or related subject
- Extensive experience in housing property maintenance, contract procurement, management and reporting.
- Working knowledge of relevant forms of building contract and modern methods of procurement.
- Experience of developing asset management strategies.
- Good knowledge of construction related Health and Safety at Work including 1974 Act and its practical application.
- Ability to identify building defects & take appropriate remedial action and prepare drawings.
- Ability to prepare cost estimates, specifications, tenders & contract documents & carry out duties of contract administrator.
- Able to interpret plans, complex legislation, regulations and legal documents in relation to construction and building.
- Strong customer focus, proactive and committed to customer involvement.
If you have the confidence and enthusiasm to work in a challenging but supportive working environment, we would like to hear from you.
Our benefits package includes:
- Annual Leave: starting at 28 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Subsidised Health and Wellbeing Membership
- Simply Health - help towards the costs of dentist, optician, and private medical appointments
- Employee Assistance Programme - including free legal, financial and counselling advice
- Pension - up to 10% employer contribution
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 29th November 2023
Please note that on some occasions where we have received sufficient applications, we will close the vacancy earlier than the closing date advertised.
GATEWAY is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community