Homeowner Legal Services Officer (10424)
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Homeowner Legal Services Officer to join our Homeowner Governance and Legal Services team based in our Brock Street office in London on a full-time permanent basis. Our working style is hybrid working, which offers the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Our specific days in the office are Tuesday & Wednesday.
You’ll provide a highly proactive and customer-focused range of legal services, taking full ownership of a busy case load and acting as a point of contact for customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for administering right to buy (RTB) and right to acquire (RTA) applications. Progress all notices received for a lease extension both statutory and voluntary. You will ensure that all RTA/RTB are processed within the statutory deadlines, documents are prepared for execution and customers including solicitors are updated. This will also include approvals to customers re-mortgage, equity loan redemptions and transfers of equity transactions.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focused organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be an experienced legal services officer, but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of current Right to Buy and Right to Acquire legislation.
- An understanding of legal documents, in particular leases.
- Ability to plan and re-shape processes in response to changing customer needs.
- Significant customer service experience.
- Experience and understanding of working in a high-performance customer service culture.
- Proven ability to manage a large and varied workload, meeting performance targets and deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with external agencies and partners.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- GCSE in Maths & English (or equivalent, e.g. Level 2 certification).
- Level 4 Diploma in Conveyancing Law and Practise.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.