Care and Support worker - Bank
£10.42 Per Hour
We are looking for BANK Care and Support Workers. You will join our team providing support to vulnerable young people (18-25), working as part of a team in a supported living setting for customers with complex needs, ranging from having a learning disability, autism, mental health illness, dementia or behaviours that may challenge, so experience in a similar role is desirable.
You will provide positive support to ensure their independence as far as practically possible, engaging in activities, achieving an active life, promoting good health and positive wellbeing so as to lead a full and meaningful life.
This role will ideally suit individuals who are flexible in working across a number of our Learning Disability services within Wandsworth borough, specifically those close to Wandsworth Common, Balham and Clapham Park.
What you will need to succeed
You’ll need good, effective communication skills to be able to work as part of a team or work on your own when needed. You’ll have experience in having an holistic approach, updating paperwork on the computer, dealing with appointments and keyworking to develop and achieve positive outcomes.
The key is the ability to demonstrate a passion to deliver excellent service to vulnerable young people in a dignified manner. You will need to be able to work independently and have the confidence to deal with customers with compassion and promote social interaction as much as is possible.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service once an offer of employment is made.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.