Join Our Team: Support Worker - Temporary Accommodation Service
Location: Ashford, Surrey
Position: Supported Housing Assistant
Hours: Part Time, 16.5 hours per week
Shifts: 10 am – 4 pm, Wednesday – Friday (with the possibility of overtime when required)
We are recruiting for a Support Worker to join our team at a temporary accommodation service based in Ashford, Surrey. This part-time position offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact, working with 20 households to provide essential support.
As a Supported Housing Assistant, you will play a crucial role in providing assistance to individuals in temporary accommodation. This is a predominantly lone working position, requiring a non-judgmental approach and the ability to engage positively with customers. Your shifts will be from 10 am to 4 pm, Wednesday to Friday, with the flexibility for overtime as needed.
Provide support to 20 households in temporary accommodation.
Demonstrate a non-judgmental approach and engage positively with customers.
Utilize your lived experience of homelessness or previous experience in the homelessness/complex needs sector to make a significant difference.
Requirements for Success:
To excel in this role, you must:
Have lived experience of homelessness or previous experience in the homelessness/complex needs sector.
Demonstrate a non-judgmental and positive approach to customer engagement.
Be available for part-time work, with flexibility for overtime when required.
What We Offer:
This is a unique opportunity for individuals seeking a Supported Housing Assistant role with a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of those experiencing homelessness. Joining our team means becoming part of a compassionate and dedicated community.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on your next role and make a real impact, seize this opportunity. Submit your updated CV by clicking 'apply now.'
Make a difference in your community - Apply today!
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Enhanced Adult & Child Barred list once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.