Independent Living Advisor (10425)
Join us and create possibilities for our customers!
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of social housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services to around 140,000 customers nationwide.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
Our teams are enthusiastic, hardworking, passionate about supporting our customers. We provide a great person-centred service to enable our customers to live positive, independent lives.
About the Role
We have a permanent opportunity for an Independent Living Advisor to join our team in Waterlooville, you will be covering our three schemes within this area. Reporting to the Independent Living Manager, you will be responsible for providing an intensive housing management service to Guinness sheltered housing and extra care customers. This will include developing successful customer relationships, assisting prospective customers to view properties and settle into their accommodation, assisting in tenancy management matters and ensuring customers understand their rights and responsibilities in accordance with their tenancy agreement.
You will also assist customers to access correct housing benefit assistance or financial advice to pay rent/service charges, complete referrals for assistive technology, aids and adaptations which will help to maintain customer independence. You will carry out periodic site inspections and tests to ensure scheme is fully operational and Health and Safety compliant, as well as monitoring the quality of contractors, such as window cleaning and grounds maintenance.
You will need be flexible to travel between schemes in the area, and will need a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience of working with the elderly and proven ability to foster a spirit of co-operation and sense of independence within this group.
- Demonstrable commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit individual needs or when explaining technical information.
- Previous experience of carrying out administrative work including numeracy work.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
What you will get in return:
- A competitive salary, £24,306 per annum
- Permanent contract, 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Work mobile
- Free enhanced DBS
- Company sick pay after a qualifying period and life insurance
- Helping to save for your future! Guinness will contribute up to 9% towards your pension a matched basis.
- Excellent lifestyle benefits portal including cycle to work scheme and fantastic discounts at supermarkets and many other shops, on-line retailers & leisure activities
- Simply Health cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, plus more!
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, we would love to hear from you!
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.