Job Type - Full-Time/Permanent
Salary - £21,740 per annum
Location - Leeds
Hours - 40 hours per week (including 5 hours paid lunch break)
Rolling rota, alternating between 2 shift patterns every other week. Week 1: Mon - Fri 08:00 - 16:00 and Week 2: Mon - Fri 10:00 - 18:00. Once every 2 months you must work a Saturday morning 08:00 - 13:00 once you are fully trained.
We believe that a career is not just about earning a living; it's about having your say and making things happen that can mean positive changes to the lives of vulnerable people. We are a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities, and reducing crime.
Nacro have launched the Community Support Service (CAS-2) which is a national service commissioned by Ministry of Justice to provide accommodation and support as an alternative to custody.
The Role of Referral Officer is integral to the success of the service and sits within the Referral Team at our new offices in Leeds. The Referral Centre is the initial point of contact for all CAS-2 related enquiries. The Team is responsible for processing referrals which are received from stakeholders, such as prison, probation and court and making the decision regarding an individual's suitability and eligibility for placement into the service and liaising with those referrers mentioned above.
This role provides an excellent springboard into other criminal justice professions including experience of working with a range of criminal justice agencies.
- Process referrals received from referrers.
- Maintain accurate records, analysing and flagging any anomalies to the Referral Hub Manager in line with policies and procedures.
- Make time sensitive decisions regarding the placement of a potential resident in conjunction with support colleagues and managers and in line with contractual and internal policies.
- Assess appropriate placements in sensitive addresses with more complex criteria, whilst making defensible decisions on referral suitability and documenting any additional risk.
- Undertake administrative tasks including coordinating and collating feedback narratives from residents in line with local and national policies.
What we need from you
- An interest and passion for working within the Criminal Justice System. Previous experience of working within the Criminal Justice System, Not for Profit Industry, Social Justice, or any other similar setting which involves working with vulnerable individuals is desirable, but not essential.
- Understanding of safeguarding processes and risk assessment.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Package, as well as other relevant IT Equipment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the wider Referral Team.
What you can expect from us
- A dynamic and supportive team who delivers results for the people we support every day.
- A commitment to helping you learn and develop your career.
- Excellent benefits including a great annual leave entitlement, additional special leave, an occupational sick pay scheme which exceeds statutory requirements and cycle-to-work scheme.
An Enhanced DBS check is required for this role, as well as registration on the DBS Update Service. These will be completed as part of the Pre-Employment Screening process. This role also requires a Prison Clearance.
For further information about the role, pleased click here.
For further information about Nacro's amazing benefits, please click