Are you an experienced Care Manager looking for a new opportunity?
The Guinness Partnership are looking for an experienced Care Team Manager to lead our teams of dedicated carers in our Barnsley based Extra Care Schemes, Fitzwilliam Court and Westmeads.
As a Care Team Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the care operation on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the team deliver high quality, customer focussed services.
One of the most exciting aspects of this role is the ability to drive real change – you will be building effective external relationships to help us grow and improve our services. You will need to be commercially astute and a real go-getter!
You will need to be able to travel between the two Extra Care schemes (located in Hoyland and Royston), therefore it is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
You will also be responsible for:
- Acting as a point of escalation for any issues within the service and effectively serve as a deputy to the Housing & Care Manager.
- Plan and schedule care delivery and staff rotas, ensuring consistency for both customers and staff.
- Liaise with customers, their families, and external organisations to develop a care package that is person-centred and promotes independence.
- Recruitment, induction in new team members and management and skill development of staff.
- Ensure compliance with CQC requirements and Guinness policies.
- Maintain the team culture: being supportive, approachable, and professional.
- Covering on-call on a rota basis, one week out of four.
Essential skills and experience
We need you to be experienced in leading teams to delivering high standards of care to older people. You should also have:
- Experience of managing rotas, ideally using an electronic roster system.
- Experience in care planning and co-ordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of CQC regulations, health and social care legislation.
- A confident communicator and comfortable working with customers, their families and both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Health and Social Care Diploma at Level 3 or equivalent - QCF Level 3 (or working towards)
- Administration experience with good numeracy and IT skills.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
- Understanding of housing management.
- Ability to assist in the implementation and review of risk assessments.
Why work for the Guinness Partnership?
At the Guinness Partnership, we’re passionate about your learning and career development. You will have access to lots of learning resources, programmes of learning and professional development opportunities, as well as:
- A competitive salary of £28,150 per annum
- Fully paid induction programme
- Permanent full-time contract
- Helping to save for your future! Guinness will contribute up to 9% towards your pension a matched basis and life cover
- Free enhanced DBS
- Free healthcare benefit package
- Company enhanced sick pay after a qualifying period
- Excellent lifestyle benefits portal offering various retail & leisure discounts
- Employee assistance programme which provides free counselling and much more
If you have the right experience to lead our amazing team, we would love to hear from you. Click apply to get started!
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.